cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jazzcarmel
Journeyman III

Newbie to graphics cards! Will the AMD Radeon RX 7600 be compatible with my laptop?

Hi everyone, nice to be part of your community! I have a HP Pavillion laptop that I bought for work, which has an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and AMD Radeon Vega graphics. I have only just recently started gaming on my laptop and unfortunately found that it can't run RDR2 very well, it lags loads even when all the graphics are turned down. So I researched graphics cards and I'm pretty sure I want the AMD Radeon RX 7600. I'm just concerned that I can't find information anywhere regarding whether it would actually be compatible with my laptop! My laptop has a HDMI port so I think it should be okay. Can anybody help a poor noob like me? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 Replies

Best to check with HP support/forums as to whether you can connect an external gpu enclosure.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
MrMafoo
Adept II

Laptops have graphic processors that are attached to the main board. You cannot upgrade them. The best you can do is get an external GPU enclosure and put a GPU within that. However, the only way to connect to an external GPU is through Thunderbolt or USB4. I suspect your laptop does not have either. My recommendation is to turn down the settings as much as you can or lower the resolution on the game.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

You said you are newbie, so use NVIDIA.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes