cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Loubot2
Journeyman III

New Ryzen 5 Build won't POST - 1 long beep 3 short beeps

I am getting no video output, and it is failing POST. The GPU is lighting up, fans are running and USBs are powered

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • AMD - Radeon RX 6700XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Asus  to HDMI adapter
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • GIGABTYE  - B550M-DS3H-AC - F18a
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • GIGABTYE - UD750GM - 750W
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • Corsair - Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz DDR4 2x16GB
  • SSD
    • Kinston - SNV2S/1000G-  x 2
  • case
    • Thermaltake - versa H18

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

This is a new PC build I have not been able to get to bios. When I start my machine I am getting no video output. The motherboard emits one long beep and three short beeps. The monitor does not detects a device. 

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

• Tried 2 different monitors
  • I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version (F18a) using q-flash plus with and without the cpu attached.

• I have checked component compatibility

• tried with just one ram 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vktr
Adept I

Try reseating the GPU entirely. If there is a VGA light on your motherboard then that is most likely the culprit.

Gigabyte Beep codes ( 1 long beep and 3 short beeps) indicates that you are having a GPU card or connection issue.

Make sure you have the proper PCIe PSU to GPU power cable connected firmly on the GPU card.

Install the GPU card in a different PCIe x 16 slot.

In BIOS Settings try enabling PCIe 4.0 for your GPU slot and see if that works. If not try enabling PCIe 3.0 on the same slot and see if it boots up.

Do a CLEAR CMOS to set your BIOS Settings back to default status in case it is a BIOS Setting that you changed causing the issue.

Install your GPU card in a different PC and see if you get the same error. If you do then you might have a defective GPU card. If you don't have another PC to test your GPU card (Family or Friends) see if a local Computer shop can test it for you.

Could also be a defective Motherboard so I would open a Gigabyte Support Warrant Ticket to see if they believe your Mobo needs to be RMAed to be checked or repaired or replaced.

Same for AMD Support Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

EDIT: As mentioned by @Vktr before reseating the GPU card get a soft erasure and gently rub it over the golden GPU contacts and wipe clean with a clean cloth in case it is a dirty contact on the GPU card.

0 Likes