cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Docjiggy
Journeyman III

New RX 580 Artifacts Checkered

Hi there, just bought an Rx 580 8GB on Amazon.

had only a 350 psu so upgraded to a thermaltake 750w

my specs are :

intel i5 4590 cpu

motherboard : Asustek B85m

ram : 4x 4gb (16 gb total)

plugged in an jdtv 60hz refresh rate 

When i upgraded the psu i installed them both (beforehand was running intel hd 4600 hd graphics integrated)

so i went and installed the card, everything booted fine display was going fine.

installed the drivers using amd auto detection thing and it installed Adrenalin pro.

then problems started, i went and started gta v to see if it was working properly.

i didn't want to stress the card too much and wanted to increase slowly the graphics for best performance / looks ratio.

so i started with normal settings.

played 2 minutes and then a checkered board type artifacts showed on the screen crashing both the display and the computer.

benchmark as been run beforehand and was fine.

i thought about driver problems so i went ahead and used ddu in safe mode to remove any other graphics driver.

it then happen on desktop too.

so i decided to see if formatting my system and install windows fresh would help.

again, the card worked perfectly until i installed the drivers, even though on the fresh windows install i tried to select driver only instead of softwares

i then decided to ddu again, download a different driver but with the other app that is not adrenalin and mo luck still even if i tried underclocking from the default values that comes up bt default.

please note that every attempt were made in 720p 

connected via hdmi (tried 2 cables and 2 tv's .

please also note that even if i had it turned off on windows and turned on on my tv the hdr mode kept turning on too .

0 Likes
0 Replies