cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Romaine
Adept I

NEW 7900XTX Constant Crashing COD MW3

I'm new to AMD and to PC building this is my first ever build. I did lots of research before hand and every test and other game seems to run fine

Except for the main game I created this build for... Call of Duty Warzone/Modern Warfare 3 (new game)

The crashes usually leave me to just hit the power button... sometimes the Adrenalin software will pop up with the bug tool instead. 

A few times it mentions GPU overclocking or DirectX issues with the Call of Duty report tool that pops up if I don't have to manually power

But I have done absolutely nothing when it comes to Overclocking, Underclocking or any sort of manual tweaks.

I thought since it was my first time building I was missing something with the BIOS or Drivers but I've checked each one so many times and looked at so many guides.

I'm truly at my wits end with this build and with AMD if I can't resolve this soon...

My "crappy" 11000k and 3060 laptop has been my main rig for 2 years with 0 issues... I thought I was "saving" over $1200 going with this AMD build but I'm heavily regretting not going NVIDIA+INTEL build at this point 

ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Here's all my parts to my build:

Fractal Design Pop Mini Air

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

ASROCK B650M PG RIPTIDE WIFI

G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30

SAMSUNG 990 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB

CORSAIR RM850e 850W PSU

DEEPCOOL LS520 AIO/CPU LIQUID COOLER

6 Replies
CEviche
Adept I

have you found a fix for this ? im having the same issue

0 Likes

I haven't found a fix and actually returned my GPU on the last day eligible for return because I'm going back to NVIDIA. It's worth spending more $ for a much more stable system

0 Likes

im about ready to do the same after having issues with starfield and now cod

0 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue. However, after tuning as per this youtube..i haven’t had a single crash playing cod mw3 on 4k resolution..it’s generating about 200fps. Watch this video: https://youtu.be/mH9NGfZKU9I?si=5WZkJcszMYTunU74

0 Likes
davekim1015
Journeyman III

Good luck

0 Likes