cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NewAMD7900XTX
Journeyman III

New 7900 XTX crashed hard

I got a new XFX 7900 XTX within the past month and it crashed while playing Baldur’s Gate 3 last night I think because of Vulkan. I’m worried though because after crashing 2 times HDR randomly turned off and on the 3rd time the screen froze up and then started flickering with green areas all over the place and I had to reboot with the power button. The temps were fine under 80 junction after I opened Adrenalin to check each time, but the fan was spooling up harder during the crashes. Since I can still return it or get a replacement should I go ahead and do that if it might be permanently damaged? I never used OC or anything and the card worked fine after switching to DX11 in the game. This is my first AMD card in a while so I am a bit worried/ignorant of the issues atm.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NeoJD
Adept I

Probably Driver related, if your Temps are fine and other 3D Games work ok.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
NeoJD
Adept I

Probably Driver related, if your Temps are fine and other 3D Games work ok.

0 Likes
VIPERxUAE
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with the same card. Apparently when I disable everything from the AMD software: Adrenalin edition, it will work fine without any game crashes or lag. Enabling FSR 2 crashes my games as well. 

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Go for 23.9.1 and BG3 does have issues with DX11 and Vulkan, simple as that. As long as everything else works fine, you are good.

0 Likes