cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MrLoveMuffin
Journeyman III

new 6600xt underperfroming

Recently I made the decision to swap over to an AMD graphics card since my 2060 was having a lot of technical issues. 

I updated my bios and everything, DDU'd the old Nvidia drivers, and have Smart Access Memory enabled. 

In certain games like overwatch 2, I'll get 165fps steady the whole time. In others like destiny 2 or Valheim, the fps is significantly lower, ~100fps or less in destiny 2 with lots of stuttering, and rarely above 110 in valheim. I have yet to do extensive testing in other games but risk of rain also barely maintains ~140fps. This is frustrating as I have a friend with a 5600xt that gets 144fps constant in destiny 2(and a handful of other games to my knowledge), so why would my card perform so much worse?

I was under the impression that this was a very very strong 1080p card and I though I could expect well over 100fps in most games, even if they are on higher graphical settings.

My system specs are as follows: 1080p 165hz MSI monitor, Ryzen 5 2600 CPU, 32gb of ram**, B450F gaming motherboard, 6600xt,  550W 80+ bronze power supply.

**speed is just a little low since I have 4 sticks but not a quad channel motherboard, I want to say they are stock at 3200 but it's reduced to 2600

From what I can tell monitoring both task manager and the adrenalin software, there appears to be no bottlenecking. Any help? Thanks!!

0 Likes
0 Replies