cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xxxmAdxxx
Journeyman III

my rx7900xtx outputs 30-40% less FPS them my old 6700xt IN VR 4K WHY ?????

AMD btw ,I  -and most of us  who bought the 7900 xtx we got it exclusively for VR 4k!!!

if you just login to steam vr home you see it right away the 6700xt  outputs 90 fps solid ,the 7900xtx  58 fps  -+ , same thing with and worse in games like  - onward , asseto corsa with openxr(with steam vr worse)  , hubris, medal of honor ,first person  tennis simulator, mfs2020, il2 sturmovik , and more, most games are unplayable to much stuttering due to fps drops ,

the only vr game that runs good is euro truck simulator 2  with openxr at 100% res, low-mid graphic setting 90-+ fps for most of the time, 

i have been amd client for the past 15+ years used to cross fire since it was available , did not expect that.

btw the 6700xt had worse problems with HP G2 REVERB HEADSET IN VR untill latest drivers CAME OUT and then it ran good .

i give it a month for drivers to fix this , if not then its ebay time , then nvidia 

1 Solution
SeeonX
Journeyman III

Latest patch notes say this is a known issue:  "

• Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower than expected performance.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.12.2 for AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 Series Graphics Release Notes | AMD 

So the good news is they are working on it.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SeeonX
Journeyman III

Latest patch notes say this is a known issue:  "

• Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower than expected performance.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.12.2 for AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 Series Graphics Release Notes | AMD 

So the good news is they are working on it.  

Still we don't know if they will fix (are able) these problems. They know about these problems but they never said they are working on fixing them.

Right now problems are:

High power consumption on idle when using 2 or more monitor.

Thermal throttling at XTX (110°C when placed horizontal)

VR problems

LED not working on XTX.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This is a known issue under investigation. 

We have an exisiting thread discussing lower than expected perfomrance in VR. You can follow this thread for future status updates and to provide your feedback. https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/7900xtx-green-screen-at-boot-steamvr-performance-is-horrible/m...