cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stubby
Journeyman III

My brand new 6600xt is vastly underpreforming

I just upgraded from a 1650 to a 6600 xt, i made sure to delete the nvida drivers and download the amd ones and ive updated my bios. But the gpu cant even run fornite at 60fps and it stutters enough to make games unplayable and all of my games are fuzzy and have jagged lines.

my specs

i5 - 9400f

16gb ddr4 2400mhz

550w psu

0 Likes
7 Replies
DiabloMonk
Adept II

When you uninstalled the previous drivers, did you use DDU in safe mode? Have you tried checking your video settings in your games? You would think settings update automatically, but I've found that they don't. For example, sometimes resolution scaling goes up and your performance goes down.

mrsmooth0711
Adept II

Did you use DDU to uninstall all display drivers?

0 Likes

Make sure you turn off radeon image sharpening, and turn off enhanced sync. If you are overclocking then set it back to stock and retry. 

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

What kind of motherboard do you have, write the model? AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT has only eight PCI-E lines instead of sixteen, which leads to a drop in fps, but this is not a fact, depends on the PCI-E version on your motherboard, if version 4.0, there should be no problems, if 3.0, then there may be problems, but this is not accurate, perhaps the problem is different, how many RAM slats you have is 2 by 8GB (you wrote 16, but it is not clear 1 slat 16 or 2 by 8GB), and that they would stand in the right ports, so that it would work two-channel mode. You need to install and configure the msi afterburner program, and in games to see how the graphics card and processor behave.258472_O.png

vialli100
Forerunner

The minimum PSU is 500w for that GPU..

You say yours is 550w, what make and model is it please?

It needs to be a good one and the min I would go for is 850w, but I like plenty of headroom....

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Make sure your BIOS is up to date on  your motherboard

.. and as mentioned, use DDU to remove all things Nvidia from your setup

Go to Intel.com and run their Driver Update Utility to see if there are updated drivers for your setup

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes