Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Drchris
Adept I

Monitors no longer wake up from standby

Hi all

, have the following problem: when Windows sends only the screens in power saving mode and they turn off, they can be reactivated with no keystroke or mouse ...Windows but continues to run in the background because you can hear the Windows hint tones ....ich must reset the comp. and when restarting the AMD software is crashed - and must be reinstalled - The windows has also been reinstalled ... Graka is an AMD Radeon RX6650 XT , MB ASRock b550 Pro4 , Win 10 Prof. / all drivers up to date .was also reinstalled with DDU software de / thanks in advance for your help

22 Replies
Tozan
Adept II

I've a very similar problem since driver version 23.7.1. But my windows completly freezes when the displays go into sleep mode (only displays, not PC!). You can check this by pressing the NUM key. If Windows is running the NUM-lamp should go on and off if you press the NUM-key. 

In my case I can't switch this lamp on and off after my displays switched to sleep mode. I have to hard reset my PC. This doesn't happen with driver releases before 23.7.1.

As workaround I've switched off sleep mode for display and PC at all.

0 Likes

I have also installed an older driver... unfortunately without result, Windows continues to run normally in the background, only the monitors no longer activate and the AMD software crashes on forced restart.
But if I use the graphics card only with the Windows drives, then the standby of the monitors also works.

0 Likes

I have found the problem on my side, maybe. I have changed from the Corsair 750 W power supply to a BeQuiet 600 W and now the PC wasn't crashing/freezing when the displays switch to sleep mode. Hoping, this isn't only a random effect. 600 W are indeed a little low for the 7900XT. I will see how long it works.

0 Likes

I hope that your problem is solved, since the standby works without the AMD software, it is not with me at the power supply (nzxt 650 Gold), which is oversized for my AMD Radeon RX6650 XT anyway.
I have soon tried EVERYTHING - in other 3 technikforums also no one knows a solution

0 Likes

Thanks. I hope so also. I've found older articels about power supplies which can't handle deep sleep states. Especially older ones like my Corsair. This could be thereason for the problems on my PC. But maybe yours, too? Is the power supply you use a newer model or a older one like mine (ca. 6-7 years old)?

Have you tested removing AMD drivers with DDU and let Windows install standard drivers over Win update? 

0 Likes

nzxt 650 Gold is the power supply and 2 months old, yes with DDU removed in safe mode also helped nothing.... with the Windows standard graphics drivers the problem does not occur - so in my opinion, it is due to the AMD software, which Crashed

0 Likes

It seems like, yes. Was the case at my pc, too. But in the end it was the power supply in union with the sleep states the driver switches to. But if yours is a new one I don't belive it causes the issues on your pc. You can try to switch off FreeSync. Or if your monitor settings (directly on your monitor) allows to set sleep modes, try to switch off deep sleep or set energy saving from high to middle or low. 

Have you tried a new install of your Windows? I know that this is a very time consuming way... and you have to think about all the thinks you have to backup before.

0 Likes

Yes I even installed Windows on a new SSD and booted from there, the same problem occurred as soon as I installed the adrenalin software and the monitors did not wake up again ... so it's also not because of the Windows installation^^

0 Likes

xx

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

I have this issues with driver version newer than 22.11.2.

Nothing can do except stays in 22.11.2

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G

Oh, interesting, where can I download old drivers? e.g. 22.11.2?

0 Likes

Tnx

0 Likes

@Tozan and @AMD_cire 

In fact, this driver 22.11.2 works.
Tested 14x, no crash, thank you all for the effort

Should I wait for the very new versions of just stay with the 22.11.2 forever?^^

Well, I just can assume after 22.11.2, AMD change something with ULPS and you cannot wake your monitor since 22.11.2 unless you disable ULPS via MSI afterburner.

So, wait until newer version mention about this issue (which dont know when).

Another workaround if you always wants newest version, never turn off your screen (but not good if you use torrent and monitor keeps on the same display for many hours). Using sleep is OK for me, it will wake the monitor. The problem only turn off monitor when idle.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
nababweb
Adept I

The windows has also been reinstalled ... Graka is an AMD Radeon RX6650 XT , MB ASRock b550 Pro4 , Win 10 Prof. / all drivers up to date .was also reinstalled with DDU software de / thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes

??

0 Likes
Muffin
Adept I

Hi 

I have the exact same problem. I have deactivated computer sleep but have sleep active on display.

My computer is a new build:

ASUS TUF Gaming X670E-Plus-WiFi, AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d,Kingston Fury 32Gb(2x16) DDR5 6000MT,Corsair RM1000e.

GPU:ASUS DUAL-RX6650XT-O8G

The display goes to standby as expected but can't wake it up again. Windows keeps running, i have created a scheduled event that reboots computer at a certain time. I us that while testing different settings in windows and Bios.

I have tried Latest AMD driver (23.7.2), The AMD auto install and the driver from ASUS site (23.2.1) and none of them works.

Have tried different displayPorts and cable etc. If i uninstall AMD driver and adrenalin however it works just fine

I have been in contact with ASUS support but nothing they suggests works. This is the first thread that gives any hope.

I will try the 22.11.2 version, hope it works. 

...did it work?

0 Likes

Hi

Nope it did not , i have tried version 22.11.1 as well

0 Likes

too bad, did you also uninstall the old driver using DDU software in Safe Mode?

0 Likes

Hi

Yes i did. I have since tested with Windows 10 on an SSD (instead of m.2 where i hav W11) and it worked without issues there. although i didn't test for very log time. I noticed that the drivers was newer (used AMD's auto detect installer with chipset install etc ) so i switched back to my W11 install and ran DDU and installed with latest.

At first it worked fine, the display even managed to wakup from stanby after 20-30 min. but then after 1 hour of standby it failed an then continued to fail after that and occationally can recover but mostly not

I have also installed the GPU into my sons computer (new setup with different mobo/cpu and memory etc) and also there the display won't wakeup from standby. It doesn't occure as frequently though.

Found a thread here about PSU beeing the issue and was not compatible, i use a Corsair RM100E 1000w(new) and my son is using an older Corsair 1000w. didn't find any compatabillity list on ASUS site regarding PSU.

Have my doubt about my sons PSU beeing incompatible due to the fact that i used this GPU in my old computer (intel) with the same PSU for about three months with no issues.

really hard to tell if this is purely driver issues or some hardware fault/incompatabillity. 

so where to go from here \_o_/ i guess i will try the windows 10 install for a longer period and test with an older PSU i have.

0 Likes