cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bartylby
Journeyman III

Monitor Setups. Triple? Ultrawide? Large single?

Hello, All. First time in the community and, having combed the forums here and researched online for a couple of weekes now, I still have some questions I can't find answers to. So I'm turning to the people that will know. You!

Here's my rig:

Operating System:
Windows 11 Home
Processor:
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Processor (8X 4.2GHz/96MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling:
240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooler (2023 Version) - Black
Memory:
32GB [16GB x 2] DDR5-5600MHz RGB
Video Card:
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX - 24GB GDDR6
Storage:
2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Motherboard:
MSI PRO B650-P WIFI
Power Supply:
850 Watt - High Power -80 PLUS Gold Certified PCIe GEN 5

So, I hope y'all can assist me. I mostly simrace and flight sim, but also like action games and Cities: Skyline (looking forward to 2 in october), so I really want a triple setup. I was looking at these monitors for the triple: Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 4K or Dell G3223Q 32" 4K UHD. But, is this overkill? Would a non 4K setup be better (both in performance and price tag)? What about an ultrwide like: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9? I'm even looking at the Samsung 55" ARK as a VERY large single! Between all the connections (HDMI 2.1, DP 1.4 and better), the new and different technologies actually inside the monitors, all the different things to consider today, I'm just overwhelmed by it all. What would you guys consider? Opinions? I would really appreciate any input from the Forum. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Kalana
Challenger

Cool setup. Wish I could go for something like that. Being said, I'd probably got for the Ultra-wide or Single Large. The Eyefinity setup were good back then but now considering with large and wide, those monitor breaks in-between is a bit odd for me unless its really frame-less, but still there is a line in between. Multiple monitors does come in handy for working purposes like video editing or other software's with loads, and scads of tools. I think for gaming other two options are great and with type of games you're are into, views of vast horizons would look incredibly dashing on a Ultra-wide. So in this instance I say Ultra-wide.

As for the display port, All the monitors you listed except for the ARC comes with both HDMI 2.1 and DP 1.4 and apart from the bandwidth difference, both ports support 4K@120 Hz. So if you are planning to use multiple monitors you can use all ports. But if using a single monitor setup, you probably should go with the HDMI 2.1 having a higher bandwidth. The DisplayPort was superior in bandwidth until HDMI released the upgraded version. Still the Display Ports win compared to the technologies like the Multi-Stream Transport, USB-C Alt-Mode or Variable Refresh Rate etc. HDMI got similarly and can achieve results just in a less convenient way. Also the DisplayPort 2.0 has also been announced years ago, with even higher maximum bandwidth than HDMI 2.1 at nearly triple the bandwidth of DisplayPort 1.4. Be no sign of it being integrated yet. So with the existing choices, it really depends on your setup.

0 Likes