cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shairo
Journeyman III

MHZ fall in Ryzen IGPU 5

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience and I hope someone can help me.
My problem is that I have horrible performance in "heavy" games (referencing Overwatch 2). I have a Ryzen 5 4500u, 8gb of ram and a 1tb hard drive. I will tell you my situation:
-The graphics card (Vega 6) should work at 1500 Mhz, however it runs at 400 Mhz and when it tries to go up to 1500 Mhz it drops sharply and stays at 400 Mhz. This also happens in other light games, such as ULTRAKILL, but since they are not as demanding, it is not noticeable. I checked it with the amd software and the "watts" go up and down constantly, having more or less 15w when it reaches 1500Mhz but having 1w-3w when it goes down to 400Mhz-I
play with processor amp turned off due to temperature issues (reaches 100° if I turn it on, I usually play no more than 65° if I turn it off), but if I turn it on, performance doesn't improve at all, but the computer slows down . it gets very hot
Tried changing, removing and installing drivers, clean installs, dirty installs, tried changing allocated vram, restoring laptop, changing OS, changing power plans, tried multiple things... nothing works

I read in another post about a problem similar to mine that this is caused by heating in a specific part of the motherboard, but I didn't quite understand it, I was on a desktop computer. I mention it because I don't know if it is relevant

Any idea what it could be? Or any recommendation? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
0 Replies