cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

metalchesh
Journeyman III

Lost parcel. No reply from AMD.

I bought a 6900 XT graphics card from AMD's online store on March 25, 2021. I didn't have enough time to check the address, as the products ran out instantly. I chose Ireland instead of the USA by mistake and unwittingly. After creating the order, I tried to cancel it. But there was no way around it. There has been no progress for 3 weeks on the item's tracking page at DHL. Probably waiting at Irish customs. Although I have contacted AMD many times in different ways, they are not responding to me. I talked to DHL. They told me that only AMD can fix the problem. AMD also left my refund request unanswered. Please help me.

0 Likes
4 Replies
metalchesh
Journeyman III

My ticket number: 8201082495

0 Likes

This is AMD Store FAQ concerning shipping: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

This is why AMD hasn't responded to your inquiries. AMD Store is waiting for the package to return to them before making a credit to your account. Since it is coming from overseas address it probably will take a while to arrive back to AMD Store.

Next time you should take the time on such an important part of ordering in making sure you have the correct address to the Retailer.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to enter the correct address. I've never made such a mistake in my life before. You are aware that countless auto purchase bots are working to buy these rare items. When it come to human to buy these products manually we have only 2-3 seconds to complete the order. Otherwise bots grabbing them.

0 Likes

I understand your reasoning for rushing the order but look what happened in the end.

Your rare unfortunate error has caused you to not have a GPU card whereas if you would have taken your time to input the correct address you will now be in possession of your GPU card that your ordered.

Hopefully AMD will send you another GPU card once you give them the correct address after notifying you that AMD Store has received your GPU card back but really not sure of that since it only mentions refunding your money back.

Yes, I do agree it is an unfortunate situation where you have to order quickly or loose the chance to order a short supplied GPU card.

0 Likes