cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bonapardo
Journeyman III

Loadlibrary error 87

I recently got this error when launching my VPN software on Windows 10.

Was getting strange behaviour that looked like a clean install solved it but then error kept appearing again.

In this case, it was the fact I was using a Windows Remote Desktop connection to launch the VPN application - in RDP, it appears the graphics driver is using components differently than when operating direct on the desktop, which kinda makes sense as it's effectively mirroring the screen to another computer rather than outputting to the primary display.  The confusing behaviour was because I was sometimes connecting directly, sometimes over RDP.

After launching the app direct, I could then continue to use it over RDP.

I hope this helps others - maybe there are some apps that simply can't be used over RDP with certain AMD cards/drivers.

I'm using up to date drivers for a rather old 5870 graphics card.

0 Likes
1 Reply
leoman
Journeyman III

I have exactly the problem cited by bonapardo, in my case involving Maple 2017. Cannot start from remote desktop. Can use from remote desktop if started on host machine. Same error. Target machine is HP 6305 Compaq Pro sff with AMD A8-5500B. Have latest Radeon driver available. Never seen before; with the MS spring update (1903) or the one cumulative update since, it is happening. I have a similar vintage HP machine with Intel, but do not have Maple 2017 on it and have so far found no other app having the issue. So I don't know whose problem it is despite a sneaking suspicion it's MS.

0 Likes