cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

LSquare
Adept I

Laptop Slowed After Installing Latest Driver For AMD Radeon R5 M330

I have an HP laptop with AMD radeon R5 m330.

I installed the latest driver and everything became slow. I tried to find the old driver but had no luck. Everytime I open something it lags. Someone please help.

0 Likes
7 Replies

If you post your exact Laptop Model or Serial Number, You or I, can find out HP SUPPORT Download driver page for your laptop where you can download HP OEM AMD GPU Driver which is 100% compatible.

It is best to use HP OEM AMD GPU driver first to make sure everything is working normally then if it is too out-dated try installing AMD Basic generic mobile laptop driver which might not use all of your laptop's Graphic features.

Also all Non-RX GPUs are not supported with driver updates anymore since 2022. Here is the last Laptop driver for the R5 M330 GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-r9-r7-r5/radeon-r5-300-series/...

0 Likes

Okay so the serial number is CND5524G07.

I did install the Adrenalin 22.6.1 driver but it still doesn't solve the problem. This has happened before and I fixed it by resetting and after that I downloaded a few driver and it worked but I don't remember the drivers that I downloaded.

I want to avoid resetting this time.

Inputted your Laptop Serial Number it is shown to be non-valid: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Screenshot 2024-08-05 084026.png

The model is HP Notebook 15-ac179tx

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Okay here is your Laptop Model driver download page for Windows 10 from HP Support: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-15-ac100-notebook-pc-series/model/9329831

Note: When you click on the above link you can choose the Windows OS you currently have installed - Windows 7 or Windows 10. The below information is for Windows 10 drivers.

Try updating all of your Laptop drivers especially your Intel Graphics and CHIPSET drivers and BIOS version if outdated.

This is the only AMD/Intel Switchable graphic driver for your Laptop. See if it installs and works:

Screenshot 2024-08-05 113244.png

Not sure if you can update to the latest Intel Graphic driver if it would affect your AMD GPU card or not. but you can try. Make sure to make a Restore Point in case it causes issues with the AMD GPU.

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.

After installing the driver you marked above it didn't seem to work so I had to reset.

Even after doing the reset and installing the same driver you marked it says this,

No AMD graphics driver installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

And I did try to upload the image here but it isn't happening probably cause my wifi is bad

0 Likes

You need to contact HP Support and see if they have a different AMD OEM Driver for your laptop.

That HP Support download page only has one AMD OEM Driver which  the switchable one for both Windows 7 & 10.

If the link I posted is the correct link then uninstall the AMD/Intel Switchable Graphics and install a Intel Graphics driver and then let Windows Update install the appropriate AMD driver.

See if that works or not.

Input your Laptop Serial number and see if it comes up to the same Driver download page or not.

By resetting your laptop you meant you installed the Windows OS again correct?  After resetting the Laptop didn't Windows install a AMD driver just the MS BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER?

Try doing a HP RECOVERY on your laptop that installs all software from HP and Windows like the first time your purchased the Laptop.

Afterwards if the same thing occurs most likely you might have a defective laptop hardware like the Motherboard or AMD GPU.

NOTE: Your laptop does have an AMD GPU card correct?

Download GPU-Z and run it. See if your AMD GPU is showing.

Also open Device Manager and see if the AMD GPU has a error message. If it does try installing the AMD Driver from Device Manager.

0 Likes