cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

succy
Journeyman III

Is this bottleneck?

I have amd ryzen 3 3100 and Rx 570 4gb...most of the games I play shows 30% utilisation on my CPU and 100% on my GPU...is this what you call a bottleneck.

I am assuming my GPU needs an upgrade, but when I check for compatibility of a newer GPU (like Rx 6600) with my 3100 it says the CPU is weak for the GPU selected.

Please recommend which GPU should I go for or any other suggestions if you have.

1 Reply
DipakJ27
Adept III

To determine if your CPU is actually bottlenecking your GPU, you can try running a benchmark tool such as UserBenchmark or Cinebench. These tools will test your CPU and GPU performance and give you a score. If your CPU score is significantly lower than your GPU score, then it is likely that your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU.

If you decide to upgrade your GPU, the RX 6600 is a good choice for your system. It is a more powerful GPU than the RX 570 4GB and it should be able to handle most games at 1080p resolution with high settings.

Here are some other suggestions for you:

1. Make sure that your BIOS is up to date. 
  2. This can sometimes improve the performance of your CPU and GPU.
  3. Try overclocking your CPU. 
  4. This can give you a slight performance boost, but be careful not to overclock too much, as this can damage your CPU.
  5. Make sure that you have enough RAM. 
  6. 16GB of RAM is a good amount for gaming.
  7. Close any unnecessary programs before playing games. 
  8. This will free up system resources and improve performance.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav
0 Likes