cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

electrico
Journeyman III

Is the 7800 XT compatible with DisplayPort MST?

I have gone from a 5500XT to a 7800XT and with the same configuration of 6 monitors, 3 of them in a single DisplayPort port using mst, to not being able to use two of them.

I can only turn on or leave a maximum of 4 operating, regardless of the order or port that the monitor uses. When I try to activate more than 4, it does not turn on. You can have the three mst monitors and one more, I can have two of the mst and two physical, and so on in all combinations, but with a maximum of only 4. It seems like a problem of limiting the maximum monitors, but with the old 5500XT I didn't have that problem.

I am using the latest drivers and the only thing that has changed in the system is the graphics. And the monitors are HD resolution and some are 1280x1024 (they are small satellite monitors)

Is there now a maximum limit of 4 active monitors on the new graphics cards?

0 Likes
1 Reply
electrico
Journeyman III

Add that all the monitors are recognized perfectly, but two are always inactive, regardless of how you want to turn it on or use it.

It doesn't matter whether you use an extended desktop or a cloned one, as long as there are 4 active monitors with a desk, the rest that I want to add appear directly as a disconnected/off monitor, but are recognized.

0 Likes