cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xmitakos
Adept I

I recently bought a Sapphire Radeon Vii. Thing is when I start playing games, in this case World of Warcraft, after 1-2 mins the system crashes with black screen and my PC restarts. I get this message "GENERAL: DEFAULT RADEOD WATTMAN SETTINGS HAVE BEEN RE

My system Info:

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Vi Hero

Nvme: Samsung 960 Evo

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo

Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64 

PSU: Corsair RM 750X

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

CPU Cooler: BeQuite Dark Rock 4

0 Likes
1 Solution

amdmatt‌ Update: I removed extension sleeved cables and used PSU's original cables and problem seems to be gone!!! Auto undervolt works perfectly!!! I also managed to keep stable my undervolt by reducing Power Limit to -20 and it works also perfectly!!! 

I appreciate very much your help!!! I think problem is solved and could never think that extension cables could be the problem....My best regards amdmatt

View solution in original post

14 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

"system crashes with black screen and my PC restarts"

This behavior usually indicates a power issue, heat issue, or buggy driver. Your PSU seems sufficient.

Were you overclocking the VII at all?

No I just tried automatic undervolt, crashed almost immediately, then I tried the undervolt I linked, crashed after few minutes....I will reinstall windows 10 just in case today and see what happens....

0 Likes

Is the air flow in the rig adequate as I have seen lots of thermal issues here

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Try setting the Power Limit to -20 in WattMan and click apply. 

A picture of the inside of your PSU case would be helpful too. 

0 Likes

When you say the inside of my PSU you mean to check if my PSU is faulty? I think I cannot open my PSU....Still I will remove it and try and see if any cable was disconnected or not well attached to my PSU. 

0 Likes

Please do not attempt to open your PSU. I mean that i have see issues before when people use PSU sleeving cables, and once the sleeving cables are removed the issues go away. Please just try using the normal PSU cables direct to the GPU. 

I will try that also!!! Thank you very much for your advise!!! So to recap i will try the following:

1. remove sleeving cables

2. check if any cables were disconnected

2. format my PC

3. download drivers

5. inform you about the results

amdmatt‌ Update: I removed extension sleeved cables and used PSU's original cables and problem seems to be gone!!! Auto undervolt works perfectly!!! I also managed to keep stable my undervolt by reducing Power Limit to -20 and it works also perfectly!!! 

I appreciate very much your help!!! I think problem is solved and could never think that extension cables could be the problem....My best regards amdmatt

some third party PSU cables are very poorly made and they tend to cause more problems than most realize

I use Corsair and they offer colored cables for their power supplies for vanity users

Really glad to hear that!

I had a similar problem with my cable extensions in the past unfortunately, it was a shame as they look lovely. 

I will buy new ones straight from CORSAIR, full cables, not extensions, I really love colored cables  

Once more thank you very much for your help!!!

All of the guys/ladies that responded!!! Thank you!!!

xmitakos
Adept I

I just uploaded a photo of my PC so you can see that I have no airflow issues.

0 Likes

You appear to be missing a Radeon VII? 

I notice you are using cable sleeving on the PCI-E connectors for the GPU. I would try removing that as an initial suggestion as i have seen those PSU cable extensions causing issues with GPUs before. 

I was using the exactly same cables with my previous GPU and I had no issues at all. Only thing that I can try and check is if one of my extension cables has been disconnected....Will do it today! I will also re-install windows 10 and all drivers from scratch. I use also MSI afterburner and I will remove that also. If problem continues I will RMA my GPU.