cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

composer
Journeyman III

I have connected 4 monitors on a asus matrix hd 7970 card but only 2 work at the most

I would like to connect 6 displays in total, I now have 4 connected :

1x samsung 4k tv    (display port/hdmi)                          (is now monitor 2 but should be 1)

1x phillips 221EL     (dvi / dvi)                                         (is monitor 4 should be 3 but does not come on)

2x HP L1950g          (1 dvi/dvi , 2 display port/vga)        (is screen 1 and 3, should be 2 and 4)

I hope someone can help me figure out how to make all of them work all together, the screen number does not really matter as long as i can arrange them. at this moment I can only arrange monitor 1 and 2 3 and 4 can not be moved)

When starting up the pc (windows10) 1 hp monitor starts upwith bios screen but then windows starts that screen go's to sleepmode and the samsung tv witch should be my 1st monitor is on

In short how is it possible to make 4 monitors work next to eachother with one slightly lower.

I can not use all 4 displayports as I need to use DP/HDMI adapters but they are to wide to fit them all in next to each other.

i.e.    [HP]  [Samsung]  [HP]

[Philips]

Thanks for your time, tips/advice/solutions, Chris.

0 Likes
2 Replies

The amount of monitors and what adapters may be needed really varies card to card. You should ask Asus tech support this question. They would be able to give you the best answer.

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

I'm going to assume you've tested the ports with the monitors individually?

You might try power cycling the Phillips and the Samsung once windows boots.

It may be a plug order issue for the displayport on that card, try using two ports side by side. I've shaved over sized adapters down to get them to fit before.

0 Likes