cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sonia
Adept I

how do I know which driver to download?

the stickers on my laptop say AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 7 - and the other one AMD RADEON GRAPHICS - however my laptop's motherboard broke and everything has been reset - except for these drivers - I can't find the exact match from AMD pages, so which autodetect tool should I use?

1 Solution

@sonia  Here is the download link for your AMD Ryzen 7 5800h:AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H Drivers & Support | AMD

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Go to the Laptop Manufacturer's page and download the drivers from them.

PythonCoderPro
Challenger

@sonia Download AMD driver and detect tool that will automictically find and help you install the latest drivers: AMD Drivers and Support | AMD

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

@sonia click on download windows drivers when you reach the page.

sonia
Adept I

@PythonCoderPro - thanks for your response!  - I could not find the exact match to my card - will it matter? - my graphics card sticker (the one glued to my laptop) says 5000 series 7 

0 Likes

@sonia Did you download the auto detect tool from AMD? That will automictically find the correct drivers for your system and help you install them.

@sonia Can you send me a screen shot of your CPU model in device manager. This is what I want a screen shot of Screenshot 2023-08-25 133908.png:

sonia
Adept I

sonia_0-1692987671981.png

@PythonCoderPro  - I have windows 10 and can't find that in explorer - but this is from system information

@sonia  Here is the download link for your AMD Ryzen 7 5800h:AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H Drivers & Support | AMD

sonia
Adept I

sonia_0-1692994177290.png

details - Error 182 | Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware | AMD

thank you @PythonCoderPro for your time and help - any ideas what this error means?

@sonia Did you get this error from using the auto detect tool, or from using this link:AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H Drivers & Support | AMD

from using the link 

0 Likes

@sonia Try clean installing your GPU with DDU. 

ok - I'm totally computer illiterate - no idea what GPU or DDU are - you've been so kind, but it's 11:36 pm here and my eyelids are getting heavy - I'll continue my efforts tomorrow

@sonia can you please post your Laptop exact Make and Model and Serial Number or Model number.

Since you reset your laptop it should have automatically installed the proper drivers for your IGPU (Integrated Graphics) and possibly for your GPU card if applicable.

NOTE: By reset you mean you did a manual Clean Windows Install or did your restore your Laptop to its original factory defaults like the way you first bought it?

If you did a Clean Windows Install I suggest you find out how to restore your laptop back to its original factory default state by using your Laptop's own Restore feature or Disc. If you don't know how you can probably order a Restore disc from your laptop manufacturer Support site.

Possibly by doing a Clean Windows install some critical OEM Laptop app was deleted that you needed installed to make your laptop to work correctly.

Go to Windows Device Manager under "Display" and see if there are any error there like a yellow exclamation mark or triangle or trouble code.

In fact check to see if there are any errors in Windows Device Manager. That indicates that drivers are not working correctly or are missing.

I highly advice that you first install your laptop's Support OEM AMD Drivers from your laptop's driver download page. Since your laptop's OEM AMD Driver are 100% compatible with your laptop.

If you post your Laptop's Make & Model and Serial Number I might be able to link you to your laptop's download page to download your laptop's drivers.

Run GPU-Z  by TechPowerUp and post an image of it to see exactly which IGPU or GPU you have installed.

DDU is Display Driver Uninstaller (https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3793) to eliminate all traces of your current AMD Driver from your laptop. Also before installing your OEM AMD Driver delete the following AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD. You will find this folder when you click on your Windows Drive un MyPC.

thanks for your thorough instructions - I'm computer illiterate, so I took my laptop to the shop

sonia
Adept I

thanks @PythonCoderPro  - I took my laptop to the shop where I bought it from and they did the installation you suggested

Your welcome. I'm so glad you finally got it fixed.