cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zenokaia
Adept I

How do I go about getting sound through HDMI for my RX 580?

Ive come across an issue where sound wont play through my TV HDMI.

Ive tried changing the playback sounds but my TV is not displayed on sounds (Picture/display shows up works fine.)

Ive tried reinstalling various drivers for my card but the issue stilll remains. (Used DDU Uninstaller to remove old drivers)

0 Likes
1 Solution
zenokaia
Adept I

Okay I seem to have fixed it.

I was updating drivers through Windows and one of them seems to have been a PCI Driver.

After Windows installed the driver, AMD HDMI started showing up in the AMD Catalyst Installation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

If your TV is connected via HDMI to your GPU HDMI Output than it should show up in Windows Display as a second monitor.

Make sure you have both your computer Monitor and TV monitor activated in Windows Settings Display. Either as "Extend" or "Duplicate"

In Sound Panel you must make the TV Monitor as  "default" to hear sound.

If Windows doesn't show a second Monitor (your TV) then something is not configure on your TV or the cable is bad or you need to look at Radeon Settings.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I am still without sound as I have previously tried to do this without my monitor only with the TV connected. To test out if it was the TV I plugged in the HDMI to my onboard graphics HDMI port, with sound and picture working just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/WxnpnCj.png  This is what my sound devices look like at the moment, with my TV hooked in as a second monitor, the display is set as extended but there is no option to give sound to the TV.

Edited to show drivers https://i.imgur.com/thgWM7b.png

I was wondering if it was because of lack of AMD HDMI Audio Drivers, but I've uninstalled(with DDU Uninstaller) and installed multiple drivers with no success.

Second Edit: I went through the extracted catalyst folder and found out the AMD HMDI install is not compatible with my version of windows (Windows 7).

Do I really have to go to Windows 10?

0 Likes

Okay it is time for you to give your computer specs for more assistance.  INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

AMD Drivers works with Windows 7 and still is supported by AMD.

You Television must be plugged in to either a AMD GPU Card or you have installed a AMD APU with integrated Graphics that can be accessed through the motherboard's video outputs.

If you have an Intel APU and your have your television connected to the Motherboard Video outputs than you need to use Intel Audio or the motherboard's audio to get sound. You will get sound from AMD HD Audio only if you have an Audio device connected directly to a AMD GPU card video outputs or have an AMD APU installed.

0 Likes
zenokaia
Adept I

Okay I seem to have fixed it.

I was updating drivers through Windows and one of them seems to have been a PCI Driver.

After Windows installed the driver, AMD HDMI started showing up in the AMD Catalyst Installation.

0 Likes