cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

steamship
Journeyman III

How Can I switch Between Integrated and Dedicated Graphics Card in Adrenalin Software?

Just got my new HP Omen-16 with both integrated and dedicated AMD graphics, the dedicated one having 8GB of video RAM. All drivers and software are up to date and laptop is running Windows 11. I've been through the Adrenalin software several times and I can't find how to make a specific application use the dedicated graphics. I've also Googled it, but all I can find is references to Games which I'm not interested in.

I've posted on the HP support forum, but that is a joke. After telling them that the laptop had AMD graphics, their response (after five days) was to open the Nvidia Control Panel!

0 Likes
2 Solutions

There is no option in Adrenalin to do this. Have you checked to see if you can assign the graphics card to whatever program/app you are trying to use? This is not just for games. If you are asking how to use one or the other exclusively..that must be done in the bios by selecting which graphics to use as the Primary. This disables the other graphics and the Primary (or fixed) graphics will handle everything. This is bad if you choose the high power graphics and run the laptop on battery as it will run the battery down faster. Note: All laptops do not have this option..if you don't have it check for a bios update.

Screenshot_3.png

View solution in original post

Thanks for that. Haven't had a chance to try it out as I ended up sending the laptop back. The entire bottom left quarter of the trackpad would refuse to work at times, with the only solution being to disable and then enable it again. Really frustrating when you can only use the top half of the trackpad and can't 'left click'. Replacement due this week.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@kingfish might be able to help you with this issue better than I.

0 Likes

There is no option in Adrenalin to do this. Have you checked to see if you can assign the graphics card to whatever program/app you are trying to use? This is not just for games. If you are asking how to use one or the other exclusively..that must be done in the bios by selecting which graphics to use as the Primary. This disables the other graphics and the Primary (or fixed) graphics will handle everything. This is bad if you choose the high power graphics and run the laptop on battery as it will run the battery down faster. Note: All laptops do not have this option..if you don't have it check for a bios update.

Screenshot_3.png

Thanks for that. Haven't had a chance to try it out as I ended up sending the laptop back. The entire bottom left quarter of the trackpad would refuse to work at times, with the only solution being to disable and then enable it again. Really frustrating when you can only use the top half of the trackpad and can't 'left click'. Replacement due this week.