cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mpryandds
Adept I

HDR: difference between Pro Edition and Adrenaline

I upgraded two monitors this week, which I think are HDR aware, running Win 11.  Samsung 32" M8 and 27" Viewfinity. My W5700 currently runs PRO version 23.q3.1 driver. 'HDR' entered into the search bar reveals nothing.  No detection of HDR on the monitors. If Adrenaline 23. driver was the driver, would the AMD software show information about HDR?  Just stumped. Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, I think you need to enable HDR in windows settings and then go to AMD settings and change to 10 bit 4:4:2 in video mode. You want to use 10 bit because that is what HDR is. While playing HDR games you can change from 8bit 4:4:4 RGB in AMD settings to 4:4:2 10bit.

View solution in original post

Haha that's  true, guess Samsung's documentation wasn't smart at all.

0 Likes

Hi, The Pro specifically was designed for professional software's, just like Adrenalin has features to improve gaming performance, the PRO got features to help improve your productivity. Based on the GPU, seems your are a creator, and think it's better to stick with the Pro.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, I think you need to enable HDR in windows settings and then go to AMD settings and change to 10 bit 4:4:2 in video mode. You want to use 10 bit because that is what HDR is. While playing HDR games you can change from 8bit 4:4:4 RGB in AMD settings to 4:4:2 10bit.

Thanks for the directions and unveiled insight. Fate has my w5700 and samsung 32 Smart Monitor connected by usb-c. HDMI 2.1 is not used. I think I lose downside USB-A ports on the monitor? Samsung has the worst documentation! It risks giving kimchee a bad name! (haha).  

KALANA 4.pngKalana 2.pngKalana 3.png

Haha that's  true, guess Samsung's documentation wasn't smart at all.

0 Likes

Dear Kalana,

Do you have a view upon when to use Pro drivers versus Adrenaline drivers on a W5700 Pro graphic card? It may come down to the software applications being used. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi, The Pro specifically was designed for professional software's, just like Adrenalin has features to improve gaming performance, the PRO got features to help improve your productivity. Based on the GPU, seems your are a creator, and think it's better to stick with the Pro.

0 Likes
mpryandds
Adept I

I have Pro installed. Configuration details ae important to secure.  Thanks for helping with mine again.  I have Blender but time is scarce for learning let alone proficiency.  

0 Likes

Sure things, and yeah. Also specially because Blender is an ongoing process due to the regular release of new features and updates it's always something new or another method to follow.

0 Likes