Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SaucissonFurtiif
Journeyman III

HDMI on GC doesnt't work

Hello There.

I bought a new PC with a AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (4.2 GHz) and a Sapphire Radeon RX 7800 XT PURE.

The problem?

When I try to install drivers for my graphic card, it doesn't find it, so my graphic card seems useless for the moment

How can I repair that?

PS: My gc is correctly plugged in and is lighted in red.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Forerunner

Are both PCIe power connectors fully inserted in the card? Do you have a power tester you can verify the power output? Is the card fully inserted in the PCIe slot until the latch clicks in the locked position? Is it in the correct PCIe slot? Is the system BIOS configured to detect primary graphics as either Auto or PCIe slot? Does the operating system detect the card as an unknown device or generic graphics adapter?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Since you just purchased the PC I would go to the company/person you purchased from for support. Was the system tested prior to sale? Did the graphics card ever work? Was it damaged in shipping?

0 Likes
SaucissonFurtiif
Journeyman III

Hello There

I mounted the PC by myself

The GC is perfectly functionnal

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

Are both PCIe power connectors fully inserted in the card? Do you have a power tester you can verify the power output? Is the card fully inserted in the PCIe slot until the latch clicks in the locked position? Is it in the correct PCIe slot? Is the system BIOS configured to detect primary graphics as either Auto or PCIe slot? Does the operating system detect the card as an unknown device or generic graphics adapter?

0 Likes
SaucissonFurtiif
Journeyman III

Power connectors are fully inserted

I don't have a power tester at home but i'm sure everything works for the graphic card. I play every other games in ultra without any problem (Starfield, GTA V, Fallout 76 & 4).

Both of my screens are connected to my graphics card without any problem too.

And yes, my card is detected normally, as "AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT" in the device manager.

I just can't use my VR headset, and it's really annoying.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

Initially you stated "When I try to install drivers for my graphic card, it doesn't find it, so my graphic card seems useless for the moment" but now you state the card is actually working fine, it's your VR headset not working.

Make and model of headset? Connected to PC? Software installed?

0 Likes
SaucissonFurtiif
Journeyman III

Ah yes sorry, now the graphic card works perfectly

But just the VR headset crashes now, like it misses alimentation or something, but normally there is enough for it.

Drivers and software are installed.

My headset is an Oculus Rift S.

0 Likes

(yes now it's for another problem, the first one is corrected, sorry for that)

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

Try the Meta Help Center there are some links for troubleshooting Oculus Rift S connectivity and software help.

https://www.meta.com/help/search/?query=Oculus%20Rift%20S&referrer_id=1103569410387129&search_source...

0 Likes

I tried but they continuously close my request

Anyway, thanks for the help, have a nice day.

0 Likes

Did you click on the link I shared? There is a self-help video to watch about how to connect and troubleshoot the Rift S. There are links to articles about supported connection types, minimum system requirements, etc. There is even a Community Forum there where other Oculus users may be able to offer more troubleshooting help.

0 Likes