Journeyman III

Green Screen with XFX RX 7900 XTX

Specs:

Asus X570 Pro WiFi

R9 5900x

64GB G.Skill RGB 3200 RAM

XFX RX 7900 XTX

Samsung CU8000 85" 4K 120Hz QLED TV

I have tried the 24.7.1 and the experimental 24.20.01.02-Win10-Win11-AFMF-RDNA drivers. It happens with both.

I just upgraded from the 7900 XT to the 7900 XTX about a week ago. I did not have this problem with the XT. I am overclocking and undervolting the GPU, following Ancient Gameplays' instructions exactly. I did the same with the XT and with my 6750 XT before that. No problems. The computer doesnt reboot. It's like it resets the graphics card because it's back up and running in 5-10 seconds. When it comes back up, all the Adrenaline settings have been changed back to default. There is no specific or repeated instant when it occurs. It's never happened in game (The only game I play is PUBG). It has happened when using PhotoImpact 13. It's happened when watching YouTube. Just random times. It could go several days between the green screen happening. I have a digital temp gauge on my AIO and the temp is 45 degrees at idle and rarely gets above 65, even when gaming. It might just be the overclocking and undervolting, although I've never had the problem with either of my previous Radeon cards? I am experiencing the problem that a lot of people have had with the 7000 series cards where the VRAM clock speed is at 909MHz and the board power is between 80-100 watts at idle. I still haven't found a solution that works for me concerning that. Has anyone experienced the green screen? I am wondering if I should try a This time I have not overclocked or undervolted the GPU to see if it will do it. I haven't spent much time on the PC, but it hasn't happened in the short time I have been using it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Run the card at stock, do the resets persist?

Different cards, even of the same model, can behave differently given the same undervolt and overclock. You may have to tweak your settings.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

It did not do it with my 6750 XT or 7900 XT overclocked and undervolted. The overclocking and undervolting settings were different with each card. The 7900 XTX is the only card experiencing the problem. I lowered the settings some and I have not experienced the resetting in a couple days. The XTX isn't anywhere close to overheating when it resets. The hottest it ever got was in the mid 60's. The strange thing is it never reset when the card was under a load, like when playing a game or rendering video. I have only tried installing the current Adrenaline edition and the beta version that is about to be released. It did it with both of them.

0 Likes

The 7900XT starts life as a 7900XTX but has one I/O chiplet disabled. This results in a significantly lower base and boost clock speed compared to the XTX. 1387 base, 2025 game and 2394 boost for the XT vs. 1929 base, 2365 game and 2498 boost for the XTX.

The point is the XTX is the full core with near maximum clocks set from the factory, you will not get as much overclock or stable undervolt out of this core as a starting point.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes