cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Graphic card name not displayed

Hello,

I recently bought and installed a RADEON RX 7600 on my computer.

I then updated the AMD software Adrenalin edition with the latest drivers for the RX 7600, but somehow the graphic card name isn't displayed when i open the AMD Software.

Instead it indicates : "AMD RADEON (tm) Graphics", which let me think the Graphic card is not properly installed or recognised.

SylvainMartin_0-1687898028704.png

I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall the amd Software, but the GPU name still doesn't show.

How can i fix the problem ? Does it affect the functionning of the GPU ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
18 Replies
fsadough

1. In the same screenshot you sent, expand hardware details (details du materiel) and send a screenshot. 
  2. In Windows search box type "winver" and press enter. Provide the MS Windows version 
0 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

My MS windows version is windows 10 Pro.

SylvainMartin_0-1687951885709.pngSylvainMartin_1-1687951910340.png

SylvainMartin_2-1687952017560.png

0 Likes
fsadough

Can I get the exact make and model of your motherboard?

0 Likes

ASUS PRIME B450M-A

0 Likes

1. What does the Display Adapters under Device Manager show?
  2. What is your CPU/APU?
0 Likes

The display adapters shows the same as the radeon software :

SylvainMartin_1-1687964186640.png

My CPU is the RYZEN 5 2600.

0 Likes

Is this the name of the file you downloaded?
whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.5.1-win10-win11-for-radeon-rx-7600.exe

This driver includes your GPU:
"%AMD7480.13%" = ati2mtag_Navi33, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7480&SUBSYS_E4481DA2&REV_CF

0 Likes

Yes, this the name of the file i downloaded.

0 Likes

Your issue needs further investigation. Please file a support ticket.

0 Likes

It's been happening to a bunch of people regardless of their setup and has been reported for three weeks now but no response from AMD. My support ticket has been open for 3 days now for a total of 2 response emails with a couple of low-effort "update your BIOS/ do a clean driver install" suggestions. These is way cumbersome for no reason and makes me consider refunding the card completely.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/difficulty-installing-rx-7600/m-p/610634

The driver of RX7000 series is not compatible with older AMD Ryzen APUs. Best option is to disable the onboard GPU in system BIOS and also in Device Manager and then install the RX7000 series driver.

0 Likes

I'm on AM5 (Ryzen 7600x and GB B650 Auros elite Ax), didn't make a difference with the iGPU either enabled or disabled

0 Likes

Please file a support ticket.

0 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. I see a lot of people are having the same issue, that's very unfortunate.

You're welcome and it's definitely unfortunate and for a lot of people including me, it makes it impossible to redeem the RE4 code

0 Likes

Same here, can't get RE4 with my code while it is one of the reason i chose to get the GPU in the first place.

Do you think the GPU is actually working properly or is it likely to hinder its performance ?

0 Likes

As far as I’m concerned it runs normally, but I’m not a tester by any means. I got 130-150 fps though At 1440p maxed settings in Apex Legends, which is what I expected.

0 Likes

I have the same issue (Sapphire Pulse RX7600 OC, Ryzen 5 5600x, Windows 11 Home) and managed to obtain RE4 by emailing AMD Rewards, you will need your invoice receipt from your card vendor and a screenshot of the email with your code.

Didn't get me far though as unfortunately any 3D games black screen when I try to play them, with GPU-Z listing both GPU clock and memory as zero.