cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

infect
Adept I

Grainy Graphics In Games

I've recently got a PC with RX 6750 XT and I've noticed pretty much all water reflections/shadows have this grainy look. 

https://imgur.com/a/ubXMkO7

Turning Sharpening off on AMD does help a bit but you can still tell it's there, changing AA settings, turning Screen Space Reflections on/off doesn't work either.

Drivers are last version.

8 Replies
DulceKowal
Journeyman III

did you fix?   i have the same problem 

0 Likes

Unfortunately no I still haven't found a solution 

0 Likes
naikz187
Adept II

Noticed this on different games a well Rx 6600

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

it must be the world level details from your in game settings. change those...

0 Likes

I don't think so, all settings are on ultra and nothing changes when I change them. Also this happens in every game I play.

0 Likes
br41th
Adept I

Things I've found that make the game grainy is "image sharpening", the setting is in Adrenalin software-Gaming-Graphics. Having FSR on, FSR is in your game settings on games that support it

0 Likes

Experiencing grainy graphics in games can be frustrating. To address this, first ensure your GPU drivers are up to date. Adjust in-game settings like texture quality and anti-aliasing. High levels can cause graininess on certain hardware. Monitor your temperatures too, as overheating might degrade graphics. If the issue persists, check for background applications consuming resources. Lastly, your monitor's resolution could impact clarity. Experiment with different settings to find the best balance between performance and visuals.

0 Likes
Gonsec
Journeyman III

I encounter these grainy graphics with every game I play (old and new). I have updated every driver for the past 6 months and still no change. I have messed with settings but they don't help. 

This was my first return to AMD cards in 15+ years. I'm very disappointed. Secondly, I'm disappointed there's no official reply.

Edit: It should be noted that I am an artist and create high end graphics and video editing with this AMD card. Whatever the issue is is game engine specific. New games like Black Desert Online and Ark Ascension look identical despite using different engines. Even 20 year old Everquest 2 looks like this. But this grainy thing is only in games. That's 3 separate engines.

0 Likes