Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

galaxy2929
Journeyman III

GPU usage cap on 6700XT

Hey guys,

I am playing Ark Survival Evolved.. a very gpu heavy game, maybe even cpu. I can play singleplayer at a stable 60-70 fps high settings but when i host a server to play with my friends it plummets all the way to 7-10 fps with lots of spikes. I have turned graphics to low, done some opitimizations but it has made it worse. I also tried some reg edits which ALSO made it worse. I did a system restore to revert the reg and it returned back to normal. I put ark on high priority, i overclocked the gpu, power limit to 15%, put off zero rpm, but nothing works. Its really hard becaues I want to play this game with my friends but I wont be able to whith the slideshow like frames.

My build :

GPU : PowerColor Fighter RX 6700XT 12GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM : 32GB Crucial Pro 2x16
SSD : 2tb m.2 5150mb/s (wd black sn770)
CPUCooler : Arctic Freezer A35 A-RGB
Mobo : AsRock HDV R4.0-HDV

I am aware my motherboard is very old and not up to date.. however i upgraded my old system which had an rx 580 and ryzen 3 3100 and 8gb ram. I am not sure if that could be the issue. Other multiplayer games like roblox, minecraft (hypixel server), fortnite and apex work fine. Not sure if i should then take this request to the game itself (ARK). Still, can I get any help/thoughts on how to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
galaxy2929
Journeyman III

Actually nvm, I dont get that fps on singleplayer anymore. Its staying the same as multiplayer fps (times of recording fps were different, that was why)

0 Likes