cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Maxkzcv
Journeyman III

gpu not running on 100%

recently when im playing any game with unlimeted fps, my gpu and cpu dont run at 100%.
in the past i had no problems with it. when i played warzone my gpu was always on 95-100% but now it only runs at 50-80%.

specs:
RX 5700 XT
R5 3600
MSI B450
16GB DDR4 3200MHz

0 Likes
5 Replies
Nekela
Adept III

Any chance that you set a framerate limiter in the game settings? I typically will set one for 150fps for most games because my monitor is only 144hz anyway and that will lead to lower gpu usage.

0 Likes

theres no framerate set. normally my gpu ran at 100% with no framerate set

0 Likes

How much power is the GPU pulling? Does this occur in any other game? Are you running with a stock preset on the card or is it over clocked? What are the temps on the card?

0 Likes

in warzone the card is pulling between 80-130W. the temp doesnt go over 60°C the junction temp is at like 70°C. i only changed the frequenzy to 2060MHz and the voltage to 1100mV. it also occur in other games, for example kingdom come, where i only get 40-50 fps and the card is running on 50-80% sometimes dipping to 40%. in kingdom come the card pulls between 60-80W

0 Likes

If you didn't have it running at 100% before, I'd assume smthing is bottlenecking in transaction, like RAM. But given you had it totally loaded before, I would recommend reverting any recent changes be it manual overclock, driver or BIOS update or whatever you changed before your max load dropped. 

0 Likes