Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Venn_1
Journeyman III

Gigabyte 5700xt - Fans Not Spinning, Low GPU Clock

Hi,

Really hoping someone can help me as I don't know what else to try.

Apologies if this in the wrong place on this forum or if this has been answered already.

Since yesterday, I'm having an issue where the fans on my Gigabyte 5700xt aren't spinning on boot up. First time having this issue since owning the card from new.  I've got NZXT CAM installed after getting a Kraken X53 (believe this is the model) and on boot up it shows 0 rpm for the GPU fans. I've got CAM set to a custom curve on my CPU/Pump.

The same 0 rpm shows in AMD Adrenalin however after setting to manually tune the fans (AMD Adrenalin > Performance > Tuning) and turning off "Zero RPM", the fans begin to spin. This is also reflected in NZXT CAM. So I can assume it's not a physical/hardware fault/my GPU dying.

I've never had to use AMD Adrenalin to control the fans on my GPU before so I'm wondering why this is now happening? Larger issue that I've noticed is the GPU clock speed being very low, currently 80MHz as I type this. This would typically be at 1000+MHz (just from randomly remembering seeing it in NZXT CAM on boot). Every time I reboot my PC, the fans aren't spinning until I go through the above in AMD Adrenalin and nothing I alter in Adrenaline seems to alter the clock speed.

I'm aware that the fans won't spin and the clock speed won't be high unless under load however in the 4+ years I've had my setup, they've always spun on boot (and obviously stayed spinning in some capacity even under no load) and the clock speeds been 1000+MHz etc. I've never had to tweak anything in any software before.

Steps I've taken so far

• Updated AMD Radeon drivers to the latest, rebooted. No change,

• Updated Aorus Engine to latest, rebooted. No change.

• Updated NZXT CAM to latest, rebooted. No change.

• Re-seated my GPU, rebooted. No change.

• Re-seated RAM, rebooted. No change.

• Forced the PCIe slot my graphics card is in to use Gen 3 via the BIOS (read on a post from TomsHardware that this fixes this issue), rebooted. No change

• Manually tuned the voltage and frequency curve in Adrenaline. No change.

I've since uninstalled Aorus Engine so that's no longer part of the equation. 

Specs if it helps

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

• GPU: Gigabyte RX5700xt

• Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

• RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb (2x8gb)

• AMD Adrenalin Version: 24.2.1

• NZXT CAM Version: 4.60.4

Ideally, I'm trying to get it back to a point where I don't have to touch anything in AMD Adrenalin, especially after every boot and I assume get the clock speed back up. Or alternatively, try to understand why this is now happening as I don't really understand clock speeds, setting voltages etc. as I've never had to set any of that on my machine so I'm pretty lost as to what I need to do next.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adrenaline Custom CurveAdrenaline Custom CurveCAM showing 0rpm, low clock speedsCAM showing 0rpm, low clock speedsAdrenaline - Fans at 0rpmAdrenaline - Fans at 0rpmAdrenaline - Custom Fan curveAdrenaline - Custom Fan curve

0 Likes
0 Replies