Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pjfpotter79
Journeyman III

Games no longer run - sapphire rx 7800 xt

Tried several games. They do not run. 

Mods marked my last post as spam without giving me a reason?

4 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Include your system specs and Adrenalin version, as well as any background info on what may have triggered the event, ie. what was the last thing that changed to make "games no longer run".

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Thanks so much for replying. 

My system's specifications are as follows:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
System Manufacturer ASRock
System Model B650M-HDV/M.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor, 4701 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. 2.02, 17/11/2023
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

My graphics card is the Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT PULSE
I have AMD Adrenaline Edition 24.6.1

I do not recall changing anything in the software directly prior to the errors beginning. I did move my PC case, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to cause physical damage to components.

The first problem was stuttering on Sea of Thieves, frame rate dropped to about 4 frames a second. I thought it was a laggy server.

Next day, same problem occurs on Rocket League. 

I check the device manager it shows that Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor has taken over control. 

I disabled and uninstalled Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor and downloaded latest drivers for the card using AMD Adrenaline. I updated to the latest version of Windows. I alos updated the AMD Chipset drivers for the motherboard.

The problem got worse. Games now crash on loading. 

I downloaded diagnostic tools but don't really understand what they are telling me.

Sent a crash report to AMD. Raised a ticket with Sapphire. (Told me to test the card in a friend's PC)

I cannot be 100% sure it is the graphics card because there are other weird glitches now, like some other software, with no 3d graphics, will not load (and then load fine after reboot), and Task Manager will crash.

0 Likes

Thanks for the additional info. If you have a spare drive (HDD or SSD) it may be beneficial to take time to swap out your main OS drive and do a fresh install of Windows on the spare drive, to see if that fixes the issues. That way if it doesn't help you can easily go back to your original drive without losing anything except some time troubleshooting.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
pjfpotter79
Journeyman III

Thanks FunkZ I will give it a go. 

0 Likes