cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

deanp19
Journeyman III

Game crashes every 30 seconds when using tuning

When I am using tuning in the adrenalin software (I’m trying to undervolt), it causes crashing every 30 seconds in certain games (demanding ones), like modded Skyrim and red dead 2. I don’t mean that the game crashes, I mean my whole pc crashes. And when it reboots on its own, it forces me back into 60 hz and tells me that this driver is outdated. So every time I just turn it off myself to save the hassle.

I've tried disabling and enabling resizable bar

I’ve tried rolling back and using different drivers (with DDU inbetween) 

Specs:

Ryzen 3800x

Radeon 6700 xt

B450 PRIME Asus Mobo

32gb DDR4 RAM from Patriot (3600mhz, 2x16gb)

GIGABYTE UD750GM 80 plus gold

0 Likes
3 Replies
redteam4life
Adept II

When you say "tuning : under volt" are you using the tuning.png

"Undervolt GPU" button?

Or are you manually entering voltage setting by using "advanced control"?

Forces you back into 60hz, From? What refresh rate other than 60 are you using?

It sounds like the GPU is crashing and Adrenaline resets to defaults.

It also sounds like you are undervolting to much?

what tells you the driver is outdated Windows? AMD Adrenaline? The video games?

Sorry for the extra questions, i am just trying to understand the issue better. Thank you!

0 Likes

I didn’t mean to accept it as a solution by the way, I clicked that on accident.

I use manual control to under volt it to the following:

2400mhz min freq

2500mhz max freq

1100 voltage

2100 vram freq

15% power limit

I use 144hz when it doesn’t kick me onto 60

After the crash, when I boot up Adrenalin, it gives me a message saying this version of Adrenalin isn’t compatible with your driver, even though it was the same driver and Adrenalin version.

I think I fixed it, I’m not sure because I haven’t had time to play around a bit yet, but so far it looks like smart access memory has fixed it

0 Likes

Good to hear!

if it does re-occur after the crash if you get the error about the version of adrenaline isn't compatible.

Try going into the device manger and see if the video card is marked with a yellow exclamation point(disabled). If it does try booting safe mode to re-enable it, and reboot. That should keep you from having to reinstall any drivers or software.

0 Likes