cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

simply_wil
Journeyman III

G14 GPU Struggling

I have a question. I own the 2022 G14 with the Rx6800s and Ryzen 9 6900HS and I'm having some major performance issues.

For some reason, every game I try to play seems to lag and have extreme frame drops. The weird thing about it is that it seems to be a software glitch or something else that is very unique. I tried playing Fallout 4 and the game would run at a steady 120fps, but then randomly drop down to 50fps for a split second, then go back up to 120fps. I tried just turning the graphics down so the GPU wouldn't struggle, but for whatever reason this changed nothing. The graphic settings seem to not affect the weird lag spikes. This same thing also happens in Battlefield 1, where I get unplayable lag and horrible fps. 

I did some testing with MSI Afterburner and I saw that whenever the fps dropped the GPU usage also dropped at the same time, down to about 40-50%. 

AMD software is up to date, I've confirmed that I'm using the correct GPU, and the laptop doesn't seem to be overheating, yet the issue continues. Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution? 

0 Likes
0 Replies