cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TheMagnificientSteiner
Journeyman III

Freezing, Blackscreen, sound glitch and crash while gaming.

Hey

I have been having problems with the pc I just built a few weeks back. I had the issue since the start and couldn't fix it yet. My system is:

• Ryzen 5 5600
  • Rx 7600
  • Gigabyte B550M K
  • 2 x 8 Corsair Vengeance 3600MHZ 
  • 1 TB 2.5 Samsung SSD
  • Corsair Cx 650 (Rm 650)

The pc boots and runs just fine but when I play games it has this issue after around 10 minutes in Halo infinite and 3 hours at CS2. The screen freezes, screen goes black, sound goes on for 10 seconds and glitches. At that point Monitor says "No video output" and I have to shut the pc down by holding the case power button. Btw I can stress test all I want it doesn't trigger the issue.

Troubleshooting:

• Updated Drivers via Amd Software, Device Manager
  • Updated Windows
  • Reinstalled Windows
  • Formatted SSD
  • Reinstalled Drivers
  • Installed drivers and deleted Amd Software
  • Cpu temps 70°
  • Gpu temps 65°
  • System overall good temps
  • Changed psu to Corsair Rm 650
  • All cables all the way in
  • No apps besides Amd Software and Steam for the games
  • Updated Bios
  • Disabled Fullscreen Optimization
  • Disabled Game mode
  • Set max cpu usage to 95%
  • Enabled/Disabled XMP 
  • Windows Troubleshooter
  • Command Prompt Trouble Shooting
  • Tried over 20 solutions on various videos with exact same or likely issues

None of those did solve this. But one thing I noticed is the higher the gpu usage the more time I have before crash. Like in Cs2 where it is below 40% compared to Halo infinite at 100%. Eventually I tried capping the fps at Halo to 120 which crashes in 10 minutes, to 90 which crashes in 1 hour and 60 which crashes in 5 hours. Later I also underclocked the gpu to 2700 from 2900 MHZ and at 100% usage it crashed in 30 minutes. I also undervolted it by 50mV + underclocked it which just made it crash less often. Now why is this happening. Is this normal, does changing to another model fix it. This doesn't sound like a driver issue to me. Is it just a mistake my amd to set the default voltage so high. 

Let me know if you know anything about it.

0 Likes
0 Replies