cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Fps is very low when connected to wifi.

I have a 6700xt and its been working perfectly for around 8months until recently. Whenever I try and play a game connected to my WIFI the fps drops significantly (sub 10 fps). However, when I'm not connected to WIFI the fps shoots back up to how it was before. I've reinstalled drivers and still no change. I've looked at task manager and everything seems fine and my windows 11 is up to date. I've searched online and they're are basically no solutions that I've yet to come across.

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Please list full system specs.

Is the Wifi built on the motherboard? Is it an add-in card? Or a USB dongle?

What drivers were reinstalled?

What game, and is it single player or multi player online?

Try running a game benchmark, do you see similar results?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

amd r5 5600x 6 core processor

6700xt 12gb gpu

16gb ram

motherboard: asus amd b550m-A-WIFI Micro Atx

i reinstalled the gpu drivers. tested multiple previous drivers and still nothing changed. Currently using the latest one (24.7.1)

I Also updated my wifi driver for my motherboard. wifi is built in 

this happens on all games but the games I've tested are EA FC24, Warfame, Chained Together, Spiderman, Batman Arkham City, Persona 5 Royal, AC Unity

I remember doing a performance test using the postmark software and everything was fine except for 3D graphics. It was showing extremely low fps. (2D graphics seemed fine)

0 Likes

passmark*

0 Likes

Passmark is more CPU/System oriented. Try one of the 3DMark graphics tests, Time Spy, Fire Strike, etc.

Download and run GPU-Z from TechPowerUp. Only thing I can think of is PCIe bandwidth/lanes are somehow impacted by motherboard wifi.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes