cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fw1010
Journeyman III

Force Radeon 5670 output signal to HDMI port

I used connecting the HDMI output to my TV as second display to watch movie that I save on my PC. However, recently that TV cannot be detected by my PC which use Radeon 5670 as graphics card. After detail checking and test, I found it was my TV's HDCP chip has problem which cannot send the EDID information to Radeon. So I wonder if there is any way I can force Radeon output signal to its HDMI port even it doesn't detect a connected display?

I found there is way to do this for nVidia card by changing the registry:
http://www.gamesdust.nl/index.php?id=247
So I hope there is also have a similar way for AMD.

0 Likes
7 Replies

The Radeon HD5670 does support HDCP so it should work.

Check you TV Settings and make sure it is set for PC input and see if there are any setting concerning HDCP that you can play around with.

Another words play with your TV and Radeon Settings to see if it will recognize your TV. Also make sure you install your TV Monitor driver for your PC.

Check your HDMI cable and make sure it is good.

Try a different Video output on the GPU card and see if you get video.

Go to Windows Settings - Display and see if your TV is recognized.

0 Likes

Hi Elstaci,

Thank you for your suggestions!

Before this problem happened, I were connected the same PC to the same TV by using same HDMI cable for years without any problem. But suddenly, my PC could no detect my TV...

Believe me, I have tried all you suggestions to check what is problem. I also tried using the same PC and HDMI cable to connect my another TV (the TV on my son's room) and there is no problem. My PC can detect my son's TV perfectly. I further tried using different PC/Laptop and different HMDI cables to connect my problem TV, all the combinations cannot detect my TV. Except that when I using a TV Box to connect my problem TV, it can show the pictures. Obviously, it was because the TV Box doesn't need to get the EDID information from my TV, it can output its signal directly and thus the pictures can be showed on the problem TV.

So I hope there is a way I can force the Radeon 5670 to output HDMI signal directly. Then I will not need to waste money to buy a new TV to replace the old one which only has little problem on its HDCP chip and made its EDID information cannot be read.

0 Likes

I was about to mention to use CRU but then saw that you opened a thread at CRU's Forum asking the same question as here. Also noticed no one as yet has answered your thread.

Found out you can remove HDCP from your HDMI signal according to this old article: Tweaking4All.com - How to remove HDCP from HDMI signal ... 

This mentions this HDMI Splitter that strips HDCP from its output: HDCP stripper – HOWTO remove HDCP from HDMI signal – HDCP stripper – HOWTO remove HDCP from HDMI sig... 

Product from above link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=pixensity-20&l... 

Also this Youtube shows another HDMI Splitter that bypasses HDCP: How To Bypass HDCP with Splitter - Screen Record Elgato HD60 S Nvidia Shield, PC, Roku, Fire TV - Yo... 

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a HDCP Override in Radeon Settings. If overriding HDCP in Radeon Settings doesn't work than maybe you can try using a HDMI Splitter.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Actually I'm thinking about to buy a EDID emulator if there is really no way to force the Radeon HD5670 to output the HDMI signal.

Here are the emulators selling on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/edid-emulator/s?k=edid+emulator 

I think they should solve my issue.

0 Likes

Have you tried disabling the HDCP support in the Radeon software?

It's under settings>display>overrides

To have Radeon software to show the setting options for a display/TV, it need the Radeon graphic card can detect that display/TV was connected. When the graphic card does not detect that display/TV, the Radeon software doesn't show any setting option, so it is not possible to "overrides".

0 Likes

Btw, thank you very much for your suggestion too!

0 Likes