cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kabukijo
Adept II

**FIXED** 7800Xt gamestutter a.k.a → 1% Low Fps Drops

Returned 7800xt for RTX 4070 , Result = Butter SILK Smooth Gameplay , and no INSANE 1% low fps drops in Starfield & Forspoken anymore .

Tip ↑ to anyone who wants to adress BAD Driver &/or GPU HW !!

Cuz stutter/jitter/ very LOW FPS drops ingame is something THAT IS → → UNACCEPTABLE ←← for MID TO HIGH TIER GPU CARDS  !!

cheers,

MOBO : ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) / CPU: R9 5900x /GPU: 7800XT → RTX 4070Ti / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz XMP/ SSD: Nvme ssd Pcie 4.0 / PSU: 850 Watt
17 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

You should file a minority report

0 Likes
hawkeye
Elite

There are problems on both sides. Would've been better if you submitted a bug report so that your specific problem can be fixed. What will you do when you encounter a bug on your 4070 ? Switch to Intel GPUs ?!

There are bugs on all hardware and you'll run out of options eventually

0 Likes

What drugs are you two both using ?

I have used amd gpu pretty much my whole adult life..  but..

Why do you think I switched to Nvidia?
Precisely because nothing is being done about the complaints / bug reports i have submitted many times.

Even on threads there is barely 0.000% response arround here !

It's like Dragokar said, WE ARE LIKE THE MINORITY that aren't important enough to do something about it !!

Furthermore, GPU's over 600 to 1000+ $ should work perfect right out of the box .. Atleast ingames that is massively supported by AMD such as Starfield to name one!

You and another one..  0^o

MOBO : ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) / CPU: R9 5900x /GPU: 7800XT → RTX 4070Ti / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz XMP/ SSD: Nvme ssd Pcie 4.0 / PSU: 850 Watt

You got me wrong.......nvidia also only cares about your money and the marketshare. I do run a 6800 with no issues or just minor issues since release.

0 Likes

Realy ?

Amd, intel, and all other big company's are not concerned about their wallets ?

The fact you don't have any issues with your 6800, is because of the mileage of that card (first release 2020-2021)

Me too don't have any problems anymore, but i have to use an Old RX480 from 2014 LoL !!

Having said that, it shouldn't TAKE an DECADE to mature an driver for crying out loud !!

I mean, it's just not RIGHT that an new and especialy powerfull GPU is underperforming not an litle bit but QUITE A LOT !!! 

I accept an performance drop of 5-10% at the most.. BUT an 1% Low of like -/MINUS 75% of the frames for GOD SAKE !!!

THATS ↑ JUST FLAT OUT UNACCEPTABLE !!!!

0 Likes

I don't had and have this issue, period. My rig does use a 6800, the other in the house a RX 590 and a RX7900. None of them got this issue. I am sorry that you experience this, but keep on sending bug reports to AMD and Bethesda if you have to happen the same issue.

0 Likes

All of your cards dates from years ago.. 

Except for the 7900, still also gpu from an year ago.. by the next month or so.

AND THATS EXACTLY MY POINT , don't you get that ? 

Very HUGE, and i do say HUGE short comings of newer GPU's ought to be fixed whitin the month or so after release date through driver updates.. 

Like Low 1% fps drops of like - 75% of the max fps !! Thats like from 100fps max you are reduced to 25fps !!  The two 7800xt's i have tried out,  had even frame drops of.. (are you sitting down ?)

frame drops to → 13 fps ingame starfield .. REaly , i mean C"mon ..  

And that has been the case for a Big FAT MONTH after release date of both the game and driver update !!

0 Likes

And did you send in reports from your system to Bethesda and AMD? If not, why not?

Funnily enough the thing is running fine here, even with that only a year old 7900 series card which is also based on RDNA3.

I don't claim you don't have this issue, but people need to work together to fix issues and not only shout on the internet.

0 Likes

First OFF , collaboration works only in both directions, not in one direction..

And B. don't you read posts ?

I have posted several times that i have indeed sended info via amd debug tool! 

What good is sending debug reports, if they don't do anything about it ?

And realy, you don't need to send any proof,  with the many threads and posts of many other users having the same issues !!    

And therefor should be clear to what has to be done next about it .

Furthermore, there's that sniffing software from amd that is sending gpu telemetry data online to them from the min you turn on your desktop..  

I mean, WHAT MORE do they need, to rectify this!??

0 Likes

More sysspec reports from every user and every used driver version and game version. By the way, Starfield made huge progress in the beta branch which is accessible via Steam, but I guess you are aware of that.

0 Likes

iam aware ,that we are WAAAAAYYY PAST "beta test " stage ..  by now 0_o !?!

And iam very much aware that the beta updates comes with 0,0000% performance gains !!

You and another one.. -_-  

Well, I guess you are a special minority if you don't get any benefits from the updates.....

0 Likes

He is not alone with that. For me the beta patch for Starfield yielded no performance gains at all. I play at 4k with Vsync ON so it should be rock stable at 60 fps on a 7900XT. But I have also drops down to 35 fps or short stutter, especially in New Atlantis. 

CPU: R5 5600X, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200, SSD: Samsung 980 Pro

0 Likes

No one denies that, but to claim that there are zero improvements and no work on Bethesda's or AMD's site is wrong.

They should however have waaaaay better communication about it!

0 Likes

@Dragokar

So, me and dozen other users are all WRONG , and are reporting this to have some laughs >_> !!!?

Only Bethesda  and/or AMD knows what they're doing ?

right..

0 Likes

The sample size does matter when trying to fix and at first to reproduce things. If you can solve it faster and better, you are welcome to apply for a job there.

Still, my point stands, the communication needs to improve and the way to get updates out also. This still does not imply that they don't work on it nor deny the issues.

0 Likes

"Even on threads there is barely 0.000% response arround here !"

I've stopped trying to help people because most people are not civil and don't listen to advice anyway.

The 7800 will probably be the better choice in a year, but in standard AMD fashion, the drivers are not ready. The 12 gb vram on 4070 will cause annoying texture pop in. It's another way that NVidia screws the customer over. Charges more for less. Past couple of years, nvidia has struggled a lot with driver issues too.

NVidia does a much better job responding on their forum. AMD has always been pretty unresponsive to issues. NVidia is straight up bad to consumers, and AMD is incompetent. So I picked AMD this round with the 7900 xtx.