cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

snott
Journeyman III

First real pc and temps make me anxious

So from what i can tell my temps aren't bad in anyway but it still makes me nervous. i have a 3700x with the wraith cooler. it stays around 45 to 65 c doing any of my normal activities but that includes idle on the lower of that. i changed my fan curve so it'd be more quiet and i know this thing can run hot and be fine but if just having youtube open puts it at around 50c and basically stays there or higher the whole time i'm using this thing, will it degrade it?

it did top out at 78.8 on the tdie and around 75 average when i ran cinebench so i'm not worried about it getting too hot. just the sustained temperature being what it is for very extended periods.

i'm anxious it shouldn't just always be above 50c constantly even with light use and dont know if i need to change the fan curve again and deal with the noise. i'm sure you all get this type of question all the time but i'm sure everytime you answer it, it eases someones mind so thank you in advance!

i also snagged some cheapo looking deep cool air cooler that came with a 3600 i found for 45 bucks, not sure if i should use that instead? the cooler i mean lol.

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

Tjmax for the 3700X is 95°C so if you top out at 78.8°C then you are fine.

https://www.amd.com/en/product/8446

The Wraith Prism that comes with the retail box 3700X is actually a decent cooler. It is much better than the Wraith Stealth that comes with lower end AMD processors. There are obviously better aftermarket coolers available if you want to spend more money.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
Balrogos
Adept III

Sure u can use the cooler the best price to performance cooler on the market so far is Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE

What deep cool cooler you have?

Also i want remind you that u can easly undervolt ur CPU in CUrve optimizer its very easy and in short

1. Less voltage = lower temps

2. Potentialy higher clocks on load.

All what u need is to test stabiliy after u do it in OCCT.

0 Likes