cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nicolasmarino
Journeyman III

Firepro w8100 - w7100 Resolution issue

Hello, I am having a problem with my video servers. I am connecting a DP1.2 cable to a display (Datapath FX4 SDI) which has an input set at 7680x1080. The problem is that the GPU and Windows detects it as 1920x1080. This happens in every server, regardless of their operating system and GPU driver (the oldest I tested was 17.q3.1). Tested in Win 8.1 pro, win 10 pro, with different driver versions. This was also tested with a different computer with another GPU (GTX 1060, RTX 3070) and the same setup on the display (FX4 SDI is a video wall controller with EDID setup) and everything works fine. When I check the resolution on the display in Windows is detected as 7680x1080.

In the servers with the Firepro w7100 - w8100, when I check the resolution on the EDID emulation page of the Radeon control panel saids that the highest resolution supported by the display is 7680x1080, but is impossible to set it up in Windows. Is this a limitation of the Firepro cards? I read somewhere in this forum about GPU's chipset firmware and BIOS version, but I'm not sure about this. 

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank's

0 Likes
3 Replies

This is either best answered at AMD Server Gurus or by AMD Moderator of Professional GPU cards @fsadough 

0 Likes
fsadough

As far as I know FX4-SDI is not a monitor, so what are you referring to when you say:

"I am connecting a DP1.2 cable to a display (Datapath FX4 SDI) which has an input set at 7680x1080. The problem is that the GPU and Windows detects it as 1920x1080. This happens in every server, regardless of their operating system and GPU driver (the oldest I tested was 17.q3.1)."

Please describe your set up precisely:

1. OS (including build and version) used
  2. The monitor(s)/displays/projectors connected to Datapath FX4 
  3. Cables used between Datapath and display devices

Please describe your set up precisely:

1. OS (including build and version) used WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BITS - Version: 21H1 - Build 19043.1466
  2. The monitor(s)/displays/projectors connected to Datapath FX4 

Datapath FX4 SDI is a videowall controller. Is exactly the same for the OS and the GPU if I connect a monitor or the FX4 , it is recognized as a Display. The input resolution of the FX4 SDI is set at 7680x1080 at 60hz (Input source Display port 1.2) and it breaksout to four 1080p 60 SDI. Tested with Epson Pro L1505u laser projectors (WUXGA native resolution) and ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K.   

3.Cables used between Datapath and display device

Datapath FX4 output: Belden 1694A 6G SDI cables

From Firepro W7100/W8100 to Datapath Fx4 SDI: Kramer DP-DP 1.2 cable