cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Eyefinity triple monitor support

I currently have a 3080ti and I run a sim racing rig which consists of 3 x 4K tv’s with only HDMI2.1 (or 2.0) input support.

With my GFX has 2 HDMI2.1 and 3xDP out, so I run 2 screens HDMI2.1 and the other on a DP1.4 to HDMI2.1 conversion.

Individually, I can get all monitors running in native 4k, HDR(10bpc) and the 2 hdmi outs in 120hz VRR. If I use Nvidia surround, I lose the ability to run HDR at all (I assume because surround doesn’t play nice with multiple different output standards, and in this case one of them being converted).

There are no (as far as I can see) AMD cards that support 3 HDMI 2.1 outs, so I’m wondering if anyone knows whether the Eyefinity software is happy with multiple different output standards (some of which with active conversions) to achieve what I’m ultimately after which would be a 11520x2160 HDR VRR ?

0 Likes
4 Replies

How can you have Eyefinity enabled which is in Radeon Settings when you have a Nvidia GPU card?

The equivalent program for Nvidia for AMD Eyefinity  is Surround. Here is how to configure Nvidia Surround in case you haven't seen this site yet: https://www.nvidia.com/content/Control-Panel-Help/vLatest/en-us/mergedProjects/nv3d/To_configure_my_...

Don't know if you have read AMD Eyefinity Setup and Configure site or not. but here it is: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-014

You need a AMD GPU card to use AMD Eyefinity.

EDIT: forgot to mention that you can use your DP port with a Mst hub to connect 3 monitors. Thus you can use a AMD GPU DP port with version 1.2 or newer to run 3 4K Monitors.

Many AMD Professional GPU cards can run  3 4k Monitors easily like the Radeon Pro W6800 but not sure if it supports VRR or not:

Screenshot 2022-11-07 082158.png

You will need to use DP>HDMI Active Adapters to use Eyefinity.

0 Likes

Also yes, I have read the eyefinity guide a few times, but unless I’m mistaken it doesn’t explicitly state that you can mix and match outputs native and actively converted and it work. Maybe it ‘just works’ and I’m too used to nvidia being a pain in the arse

Thanks for the reply.

I maybe wasn’t clear enough in my post - I’m not trying to use Eyefinity with my Nvidia card, merely explaining my predicament and looking to see if there is and Amd car that can offer me a solution. If someone has a tried and tested example similar to mine, I will happily buy a 7900xtx when they become available. I want to avoid purchasing a card to be met with more of the same you see.

Thanks for the clarification. Your Original Post title just mentions about Eyefinity and I don't recall you mentioning which program you are using to connect your 3 -4k Monitors.

I assuming you are just using Windows Settings - Display to set up your monitors.

But I can't help you answer your question so hopefully some other User experienced with Eyefinity and multi-Displays configuration will respond to this thread.

EDIT: Saw that you gave another reply concerning Eyefinity  while I was replying back so I needed to edit my reply so as to not repeat something that you have already mentioned before.

By the way you can try asking AMD SUPPORT about your questions on Eyefinity features and configurations from here if interested or unless you have already done it in the past: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes