cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tako777
Journeyman III

Error no device detected AMD R7 450

I have an amd r7 450 graphics card but my pc does not detect it, before I had a dell optiplex 790 with an i5-2400, this pc did detect my graphics card and did not present any problem, however, on any other pc that I have tried it turns out for not recognizing the card, I currently have an optiplex 7050 which does not seem to recognize the graphics card in any way, the fan turns on but does not send an image, it starts with the integrated graphics, on the other hand, trying an r5 430 it does recognize it, and again, my previous pc does recognize the graphics card without any problem so I assume it is not damaged

0 Likes
1 Reply

The R7 450 GPU card is a DELL OEM GPU card according to TechPowerup: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-r7-450-oem.c2890

All non-RX AMD GPU cards are not supported with AMD updated drivers anymore. In your case you will need to go to Dell to find any compatible or updated driver for your R7 450 GPU card.

You will need to download DELL's AMD OEM GPU driver for the R7 450 GPU card.  If you can go to Dell's Support download page for your old Optiplex 790 and download its AMD OEM GPU driver on to your newer Optiplex 7050 and see if it now recognizes the R7 450 GPU card.

At AMD Download page under R7 400 series it only shows drivers for the Mobile R7 400 series gpus. AMD doesn't support OEM GPU cards like Dell's R7 450 GPU card:

Screenshot 2024-08-15 192933.png

I would open a Dell Support ticket and see if they have a Dell AMD OEM GPU Driver for your R7 450 for the Optiplex 7050.

0 Likes