cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AlexIdkRo
Journeyman III

Dual AMD Gpu

Hello. I want to update my gpu drivers because when I'm opening steam, my laptop just shut down with a blue screen with the error atikmdag.

But the thing is, i don't know what drivers to download and which gpu to update.

I need to download separately driver for each one? Or just for the m230? Or just for the 7640G?

I tried a lot of adrenaline and catalyst versions, but no one worked.

AlexIdkRo_0-1673708810328.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

one driver should install for the two gpu ..

what is the model of your laptop ?

0 Likes

lenovo g505s

0 Likes

It seems like your Laptop is using a A8-4500M with 7640g Integrated Graphics. You only have 2 choices to make:

1-WHQL - 2015

2-BETA - 2016

From here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-laptops/a8-4500m-rade...

There are no more AMD drivers for your laptop APU GPUs. You must install the APU AMD VGA Driver which will install both Integrated and discrete GPU drivers that are both compatible.

But if your Laptop OEM AMD VGA Driver is about the same year It is best to install that one since it is 100% compatible.

In fact I would install that first to make sure your laptop works correctly then update to the 2015/2016 AMD VGA Driver.

Use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing any AMD Drivers.

NOTE: Device Manager is showing that both GPUs in your laptop driver is working without any errors.

EDIT: If you need newer drivers than 2016 then you would need to upgrade your laptop to one still supported with driver updates.

0 Likes