cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

t_square
Journeyman III

DiXiM Play, a video player for DLNA, not work with Ryzen 7

I used to use DiXiM Play to watch videos in a blue ray recorder on the home network by a PC with intel chip. However, after I purchased a new PC with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G with Radeon Graphics 3.60 GHz, DiXiM Play complains that it's not a compatible media to play when I select a recorded program. I hope AMD staff would solve this incompatibility issue sooner. Regards, tt

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have a difficult time distinguishing oriental characters.

Seems like the Intel processor has an CPU extension or technology that the Ryzen CPUs doesn't have which your video player requires to need to be compatible.

If you post the Intel and AMD processor you had and are currently you can go to CPU World website and compare the extensions and technologies of the two processors to find out what is lacking in the Ryzen processors.

Here is the extensions and technologies for the Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G from CPU World:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 150056.png

Intel processors sometimes has extensions that Ryzen or AMD Processor doesn't have and is unique to Intel Processors only.

IF it is a physical issue with the processor I don't believe AMD will do much since it involves one program. It would seem like the developers of the program are the ones that needs to change the program's coding to make it work with Ryzen processors and not the other way around.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That seems to be strictly a Chinese Video player since all the googled hits were in Chinese.

Did you run the DiXim player from Microsoft store to see if it is compatible:

Screenshot 2021-10-07 192150.png

There are two Video Player, Free, that are excellent. One is Leawo Blu-Ray Player which plays just about every type of video files and VLC Video Player. PowerDVD is one of the best but you need to purchase it.

Also for the Ryzen Integrated Graphics to be able to play any videos it needs the proper Video and Audio Codecs. I use K-Lite Codec Pack to add the most common Video Codecs.

If you want to play HD Blu-Ray that is a different matter. You need the proper hardware to be able to play HD Blu-Ray video files. All the programs above will play normal Blu-Ray video files as long as your hardware supports it.

You can download Cyberlink Blu-Ray Advisor which will tell you what hardware is compatible and which aren't for playing Blu-Ray videos: https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

0 Likes

Hello elstaci,

As I wrote DiXiM Play worked just right on my previous PC with Intel processor. Since I replaced it with a PC with Ryzen 7, DiXiM Play has a problem in showing videos. Oh yes, I installed it from Microsoft store. By the way, it's commercialized by a Japanese company. I reported this problem to their user support, but they say they cannot fix it, it's all due to the manufacturer of Ryzen. That's why I wrote my previous complain here. But thanks for your concern, any way.

With regard, T.T.

0 Likes

I have a difficult time distinguishing oriental characters.

Seems like the Intel processor has an CPU extension or technology that the Ryzen CPUs doesn't have which your video player requires to need to be compatible.

If you post the Intel and AMD processor you had and are currently you can go to CPU World website and compare the extensions and technologies of the two processors to find out what is lacking in the Ryzen processors.

Here is the extensions and technologies for the Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G from CPU World:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 150056.png

Intel processors sometimes has extensions that Ryzen or AMD Processor doesn't have and is unique to Intel Processors only.

IF it is a physical issue with the processor I don't believe AMD will do much since it involves one program. It would seem like the developers of the program are the ones that needs to change the program's coding to make it work with Ryzen processors and not the other way around.