Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

twjames66
Adept I

Determine Manufacturer RX580

Hello,

So currently as posted on another thread, I am unable to get any display up from the card. Is there any way to determine Manufacturer (specifically device ID) from S/N tag image attached?

IMG_0200.jpg

0 Likes
6 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

DimkaTsv_1-1666706444685.png

It was a quick search by label. XXX ED RX 580 8GB OC+ (GTS wasn't visible enought to say it wasn't GT8 or 6TS or 6T8)

By the tag you uploaded it seems you have a XFX GPU card.

I googled RX 580 P8D ( little blurry) and it all comes up with a XFX product.

XFX mentions its RX 500 series GPU cards have Dual BIOS. See if you locate a tiny switch on your GPU card that you can change the BIOS on the GPU card see if that fixes your problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

that is shape of xfx rx 5xx cards. xfx did use gts in name for some gpus.

0 Likes
twjames66
Adept I

Ah I didn't realize XFX was a Manufacturer so I  googled that and found https://www.xfxforce.com/support/xfx-warranty

I didn't find a little switch on it I will research that some more before I reach out to XFX

Thank You

Well the Warranty is a dead end: 

"-Products that are not from an authorized reseller. Products purchased used from  Ebay, Craiglist, a person to person transaction, or similar methods carry NO Warranty."

I purchased it from Craigslist about a week ago. It was fully working for about 3 days

Sounds like you might have gotten a used GPU card that went bad after 3 days.

Try the GPU card in another computer and see if the same thing occurs. If it does then most likely your used GPU card is defective.

Unfortunately, purchasing a Used Hardware you have no history if it was abused or how it was run by the original owner.

Any you can contact the person you purchased the GPU card from?

0 Likes