cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Xtxman
Journeyman III

Cyberpunk 2077 hard lock on startup. With very choppy intro videos (when it doesn't hard lock)

So having issues with anything Red Engine (Witcher 3 also).  Basically hard locks at startup, with eventual PC rebooting.  By itself, not a manual reboot.  No error messages as it's an insta lock.  No other stability issues, game runs great when it runs.  But even when it ran, starting Cyberpunk had heavy stuttering on the intro videos, talking 1-2 second hitches, multiple times.  But before it never crashed, always eventually started.  And always ran smooth.

7900XTX GPU, 5600X CPU, 32GB ram, Windows 10. 1,000w PSU. Running at 4K, 24.7.1 driver.

So here's the list of stuff I've tried, and just some general weird stuff.

It's running now, on 24.5.1  Removed 24.7.1, did a clean, installed 24.5.1.  Runs, but still that intro stutter I mentioned, just doesn't lock up

When it was locking on 24.7.1, starting the game with the Adrenalin driver screen up as the active window, stopped the lockup. I could see the game loading in the background.  But as soon as I went into the game, it locks.  Watching the stats on the driver screen things seem ok.  CPU maxed at 100% while it starts (runs around 60-70% in game), temps fine (below 70), probably the CPU being 100% explains the stutter.  GPU also fine (temps, power etc.).  

But as mentioned, as soon as I switch to the game as the active window, locks up.

Tried with fresh Cyberpunk install, same issues

This heavy intro stutter was around when I was running my 6700X (at 1440p), but never locked.  But this was with the older drivers of course.

I've had it where suddenly the intros at the start were fine, for like a week or two, then back to stutter (no idea why, hadn't changed anything I could remember at the time).

And when it does hard lock, it's with the Windows mouse with the loading circle frozen on the cyberpunk screen showing.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

0 Likes
0 Replies