cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Stefanos
Adept I

crashes with 6900 xt

I am late to say this issue but I have crashes for over a year while doing literally anything ,browsing the web playing games intensive or not.Multiple bsod (memory management and others) every time the bsod have glitched graphics.And recently freezes  .At first a thought it was my ram cause of the memory management and the other thing where pointing at my ram but after a while I think it is cause of my GPU.I tried everything I could meme86 test reinstall the drivers multiple times repair the pc with the CMD reset the pc but nothing seems to work .Sometimes it crashes every 1 min and sometimes it never crashes for a month

I have

GPU  RX6900 Xt

Motherboard  AorusB550m

CPU  ryzer 7 5700 

Ram 2 16 GB ddr4 G.SkillFlare

PSU tx 850M

Is there something I have overlooked with the thing I built my pc.Is there anything I can do to give more info .Please I really can't handle it anymore 

EDIT: I have removed a Ram stick and it seems to be more stable but know the problem is that it keeps freezing when fullscreening or getting out of it and at random times btw this started happening before getting the ram out after a GPU driver install I did .Since then I have tried to uninstall the display driver with ddu and installing it back but it hasn't fixed it

9 Replies

Are you using 2 separate pcie cables from psu to card (not 1 into 2 split)?

Any overclocking, what make/model is card?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The GPU is Gigabyte Radeon RX 6900 XT and the motherboard is Aorus B550m Elite

I think I have 3 cables that are connected to my GPU one alone and two that are connected to each other. I have not done overclocking .I have also seen that my ram which is  .Skill 32GB (2x16GB) Flare X DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-32GFX is not compatible with my motherboard.But also after a GPU driver re install my pc just freezes for a few seconds after exiting fullscreen from videos or just randomly

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried disabling FTPM in the BIOS?

0 Likes
Rubeerology
Adept III

i remember i had games crash when the PC had heavy video cards without stands - i assume the bending was d/c the card from the board. Hope that helps amigo!

0 Likes

Can you check while gaming your gpu energy consumption? Looks like 6900xt have some problems with energy spikes and a 850m psu possible not handle that situation. I have a 6900xt sapphire with a 850 also. Time to time I have some problems and i was advised by people who understand to upgrade to PSU to 1000w.

I don't really know what a good consumption is for the GPU.I was playing cyberpunk and I think it was around 160-250 w .That what it was saying in the amd app

0 Likes

Thats the normal consumption, the problem are the energy spikes. Do you have any log of the errors?

0 Likes

I didn't see any big spikes.I have changed the ram and it hasn't crushed since but I have some freezes when opening some game closing it or interacting with my Firefox tabs

0 Likes

What´s your driver version?

0 Likes