Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DittoShiny
Journeyman III

Core Temp RX6600 XT

Hi Community,

I'm sorry if there's already a post about it but I couldn't find it.

I just noticed that my Powercolor RX 6600 XT core temp gets really high in comparisson to the graphic temp, some times it is 20°c over and even more when I'm playing!

I adjusted mi fan settings  and the highest temperature the graphic card reaches is 70-75°C but the core temp is alway much higher, I know is normal for the core to be hotter but I'd afraid this could damage the graphics card.

Do you know if this is normal or if there's any way to reduce the temperature?

The aire flow in my computer is nothing espectacular but is not that bad either.

0 Likes
1 Reply
amdman
Challenger

There are 5 temperatures, GPU, GPU Memory Junction, GPU VR VDCC, GPU Hotspot and GPU VR SoC. Hotspot is very important for it not to go over 110 degrees, as it will throttle. The others are also taken into account by the driver, and if they get to a certain point it will throttle or eventually shut down. If you are not seeing your Mhz drop, or it only drops occasionally then goes back up as it is trying to automatically overclock to get the most performance while watching the heat, the card should be fine, you could ask the manufacturer or look online to find out what the maximums for your card are.

More info:

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rx-6700-xt-high-temps/td-p/476794

0 Likes