cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SSRGokuXL
Journeyman III

Constant crashes, blackscreens and freezes with 6950 xt

i just got  new pc built and i think the person that I hired was having a really bad day because no matter what i do this PC does not function correctly, any game I play crashes if not immediately within minutes some applications freeze and are unable to be closed even through task manager and only through a PC restart. My graphics card only lights up and is on when the PC first starts and never is used again except for once after trouble shooting with support for a game for a week and a half the card lit up and as soon as I won the game within 30 seconds it crashed and was unable to be closed even through task manager and my pc started smelling like something was burning and radiated through my whole room for like an hour. Now im down to my last option contacting support here because just nothing will work correctly at all and I have no idea what to say here but something definitely isn't right with this graphics card. My main guess is there is integrated graphics from the cpu set as the automatic initially but even after setting the graphics card to the automatic in windows settings and for my games it still crashes immediately just now a black screen instead of freezing and crashing.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 4.70 GHz

64.0 GB (63.1 GB usable) DDR5

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Windows 11 Pro

6950 XT

2tb SSD

Asus Gaming Motherboard

0 Likes
2 Replies

'smelling like something was burning', take it back to the builder and get them to check wiring and connections.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

that's the plan I'm thinking about suing frfr

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 4.70 GHz

64.0 GB (63.1 GB usable) DDR5

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Windows 11 Pro

6950 XT

2tb SSD

Asus Gaming Motherboard

0 Likes