cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SSStickman
Journeyman III

Computer using integrated GPU instead of discreet GPU, unable to find fix online

The integrated GPU is an
AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics
and the discreet GPU is a
Radeon(TM) RX 580

I have tried everything, the 580 does not appear under the windows 10 graphics setting page, it seems Radeon has discontinued the switchable graphics option under settings, the oldest version I can find containing switchable graphics apparently does not support the RX 500 range of GPUs

4 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I didn't think they EOLed the RX 500s. You should be able to go to BIOS and set which GPU you want whether its integrated or dedicated. What are your system specs?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Need to know processor model.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
MADZyren
Paragon

List your computers components to give some kind of idea, what kind of machine you have

Has your machine worked before?

Did you install cables from PSU to GPU? Is your monitor connected to motherboards video outputs, or GPU's video outputs?

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

I have had MS try to "update my driver/settings".   seems to be controlled in power options for me sometimes.  I use winaero tweaker to "Modify" my system registry to DNS sink mothership and turn that feature off.  I admittedly run old drivers because stability...I can't ray trace anyway don't judge.  I have played operational gpu driver in linux enough times to not willingly walk into that bullet.  I have had cards prefer a specific driver once they are obsolete.  I need reasons to fix not broke. 

0 Likes