cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

regaru
Journeyman III

Computer completely turns off when in use since upgrading to 7800XT

I upgraded my GTX 1070ti to an RX 7800XT in December last year to play Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. Whilst playing this game the day I got my new card my power supply went pop (literally sounded like a bang), completely died, and tripped my house's circuit breaker. It was a Cooler Master 700W 80+ White thing I'd had for a few years so I chalked it up to a faulty PSU and bought a SilverStone 850W 80+ Gold replacement.

I had no problems for several months, until this week, when running Stable Diffusion and Deadlock (not at the same time) my entire computer just shuts off. No blue screen, no indication of a crash as far as I can tell, and I can turn it on again pretty much immediately. Monitors just turn black, fans stop spinning and rgb lighting switches off. I think it's the over current protection kicking in. But AMD Adrenaline is up to date and shows power use for my GPU maxing out at 250W. I've updated my mobo BIOS too to no avail.

Any ideas on the problem? I have considered running AMD's auto-undervolting, but I don't really want to lose the performance and possibly void the warranty.

0 Likes
0 Replies