cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jvtomas98
Journeyman III

Code 12 Vega 11 Ryzen 5 3400g

Hi, i bought a Ryzen 5 3400g and i'm having this issue, attached you'll find this error. Could anyone help me on this topic? Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
jvtomas98
Journeyman III

In the status it's says. "This device can not found sufficient resources open to use (code 12)". I need a quick update on this.

0 Likes

Here is website that gives some troubleshooting tips on how to fix Code 12 error: https://www.how2fixerror.com/fix-error-code-12-device-find-free-resources/ 

Here is the latest Windows 10 Ryzen 5 3400g APU Driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g... 

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode with the internet disconnected. Reboot and with the internet still disconnected install the new AMD Driver package. Once installed reconnect the internet and delete folder C:\AMD in the Root Directory.

See if the error goes away.

Check this on your Device Manager under "Display Adapters". click on Vega 12 and go to the tab that says "Resources" and see if it says it has a conflict and what that conflict is.

Here is my Device Manager for my Display Adapter:

0 Likes

This is Microsoft explanation of Device Manager Code 12:

0 Likes
stunone
Journeyman III

I have a similar issue.  I have a Thinkpad P52 (running Windows 10, version 2004) and an egpu.  The egpu is housed in a Razer Core X with a Sapphire Radeon Vega 64 card.  The card shows up in the Device Manager.  Unfortunately, device status shows Code 12, this device cannot find enough resources that it can use.  I also have a High Definition Audio device showing a Code 12 error.  This seems to be a common issue with egpu's.  I've read many forums with different solutions but the solutions don't seem to address Windows 10 version 2004.  Does anyone have a solid fix for this issue?

0 Likes

Latest Update:

Updated Windows 10 on Aug 18, 2020.  The Vega 64 card is error free now, no code 12 error.  This was a good sight to see.  I reinstalled the Radeon drivers and software (there was a new release Aug 17, 2020).  Then I tried to open the latest Radeon software.  The Radeon software failed to open and failed to see the card.  So frustrating.  The Device Manager sees the card, says everything is working properly.  Now the Radeon software seems to be the issue.  

I got so frustrated with the Radeon software.  I went out and found someone interested in trading my Vega 64 for a Geforce GTX 1070 card, these cards have similar benchmarks.  The Nvidia drivers and software worked!  Everything just works now!  

If your egpu is having issues with your AMD Radeon card, try Nvidia cards.  I don't know what's up with the Radeon software.  I'm just glad my setup is now working.  The 1070 card is plenty of graphics processing power for me.  I hope my situation can help others in the same boat.

Be well,

0 Likes